2. heard helicoil is the best solution (6 reports)
  3. tap new threads where spark plug blew out of engine (5 reports)
  4. cylinder head repair kit (2 reports)
  5. replace cylinder head (1 reports)
1999 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford F-150:

1999 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 282011

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

Its happened to me twice within 3000 miles. First time I was able to fix it myself. Second time not nearly as lucky. Looking at a few grand in repair costs. I've always been a fan of Fords but this issue has me seriously reconsidering!!!

- , Haughton, LA, USA

Jul 012011

F-150 Lariot 5.4L Triton

Shut down my business for a week! Sounds terrible and gets worse with running it.

- , Lancaster, OH, USA

Sep 152010

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

anyone know how we can get ford to recall this major design defect? the spark plugs have blown out of my engine.

- , Flemingsburg, KY, USA

Nov 192008

F-150 XLT 5.4L V8 Triton

I purchased the vehicle new and had it service at the dealer exclusively. I really took care of this truck and liked it a lot.

At around 130,000 there was an explosion under my hood and a massive loss of power. After having it towed to the dealer I was contacted the next day and was informed that a spark plug blew out of the engine. I thought this was strange and googled it and long and behold it was all over the internet that other 5.4L did it too 1999 to 2002 I think??? Have to check me on that; some called it a head problem other a spark plug problem...

When I got it back I sold it right away... I now drive a 1999 Ford Explorer 5.0L v8 302 mustang engine. I found it with only 38,000 original miles on it. Got 5000 for my old truck as a trade in paid 3000 difference; no payments. :-)

- , Carrollton, TX, USA