2000 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford F-150:

2000 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Mar 052003

F-150 XLT 4.2L V6

I was traveling downhill in a shallow left turn at about 40mph, while in neutral and when I put it in gear and tried to accelerate, I had no power. I looked down and tachometer was at 0 and the steering wheel was stiff (no power steering), the brakes didn't work, and I couldn't even turn on the hazard lights. The steering wheel locked, I downshifted several times and as the road straightened out I was at the edge and was able to finally halt the truck with e brake. I tried to restart the truck several times but there was zero electrical power to any part of the truck. No radio, lights, turn signals, nothing. After about 15 minutes I tried to start it again and it worked like nothing was wrong.

When I took it in to John Elway Ford (no longer John Elway), the mechanics said the computer didn't log an error and they could do nothing. I complained to ford, who didn't care. Then the BBB who just reiterated Fords comments. It has happened to me one other time since, in 2007. Had my wife been driving she would have at least been in at least a minor accident, and probably a major one.

- , Denver, CO, USA