2. replace coil pack (1 reports)
2000 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford F-150:

2000 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 182014

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

Now it's beginning to seem a little ridiculous! The truck is doing the very same thing that it did a couple of months ago and the first time was a year ago. Only this time I couldn't get up past 35 mph and it ran really rough. The feeling makes you feel like the truck is going to shutter apart at any moment. I am getting really sick of having to replace coil packs. That and now every time I drive the truck I run the risk of being stranded somewhere. That's not cool, considering we are out in the middle of fricking nowhere! Mechanic said he thinks it is another coil pack but I have not been able to get my truck to him as of yet.

- , Burlington, KS, USA

Apr 182014

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

Just about one year later we were making that 1 hour trip again and the truck started running really rough and had very little power. I had to floor it just to get up a slight incline and coming down the hill the "Service Engine Soon" light started flashing and the truck started running worse, so I called my mechanic and he replaced the number 2 coil pack.

- , Burlington, KS, USA