8.0

1. new windshield and new electrical parts (2 reports)
2000 Ford F-150 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford F-150:

2000 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Apr 182012

F-150 5.4L V8

Apparently they didn't seal the windshield 360° around and causes a leak onto the control module in the engine compartment. After time, the water seeps into the control module and will cause the engine to not start. Need to replace module and window and get towed to where ever to get repaired.

- , Oshkosh, WI, USA

Dec 222010

F-150 LX 5..4

My biggest beef is that Ford knows about this problem as both the glass man who installed the new windshield said he has done "numerous" windshields with the same problem and the service manager at the dealership was well aware of what the problem was and what was causing it. I've driven Fords for over 30 years and this is the only problem I've ever had other than the cruise control fubar that happened a few years ago.

This is my 4th F-150 truck, I've also owned 3 new T-Birds, '87, '90, '94 plus a 2000 Crown Victoria that I just traded for a 2010 Ford Edge. I'm out over $700.00 for parts and labor and since I'm retired, that hurts!

- , Valdosta, GA, USA