2001 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-150:

2001 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 012011

F-150 Supercrew 5.4L

I purchased a 2001 Ford F 150 Supercrew new. I bought it because of my family, my wife, son and daughter. If we went somewhere they each could take a friend and that way there were six seatbelts. Several years ago my truck started rusting under the front doors and on the inside of the bottom of the doors. I have the running boards and the truck has been garage kept and I can't believe the rust all of a sudden about halfway of the front door and it is now where you can stick your hand back in the holes on both sides. Its like a defect in the metal, I think its where they welded a seam. Just wondering if there was ever a recall.

- , Pikeville, KY, USA

Feb 022001

F-150 Xlt Super Crew 4.6L V8

Ford should have fixed the rust and paint problem for free!

- , Bath, MI, USA