1. replace master cylinder and vacuum booster (1 reports)
2001 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-150:

2001 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 012016

F-150 XLT 5.4L

I own a 2001 Ford F150 XLT,In May I had new brakes put on along with new rear brake lines. When I picked up the truck the brake pedal was the same as when I brought it in. The shop rechecked the truck out again and said there was nothing wrong with it. So I took it to Ford, left it for 2 days so they could check it out. They found nothing wrong. Ford has technicians, they do not have mechanics. So then I took my truck to a mechanic. He found that the master cylinder was leaking in to the vacuum booster causing the brakes to almost fail. The cost to repair this problem was $450.00.

I looked this problem up on Google and there is a recall on 420,000 F150s this could happen to in the USA. Why didn't the TECHNICIAN not know this? My truck has 124,000 miles on it and I have had some normal maintenance and repairs. I have had to inform the technician how to fix it. I am taking my bill to Ford Tuesday, along with all the complaints I can find on these web sites. I STILL LOVE MY TRUCK. We have been together for 15 years. It will be around forever as long as I take care of it.

- , Palm City, FL, USA