7.5

$1,725.00

1. new engine (4 reports)
2001 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-150:

2001 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 122015

F-150 5.4L

3rd time plug blew out of my 2001 F-150. Gets expensive when it blows out going to work also in the boondocks. This plug is the second time on the #4 cylinder. I am scratching my head to figure this second blowout in the same hole.

Oct 102014

F-150 5.4L

4 cylinder blew a plug for the 1st time. Happened again 06/2015. Bought a kit drilled out the port, tapped it and put a stainless sleeve in. Lasted 15000 miles, then blew again.

Jul 152012

F-150 5.4L

2 cylinder blew a plug 1st of 3 times this has happened. I am without transportation. Drilled it tapped and installed a stainless steel sleeve. May of 2014 it threw the code, #2 cylinder was misfiring. I pulled the coil the spring was burned from blow by. Wondering how long the factory mistake is going to last. Other than the plugs blowing out the cylinder ports, I am happy with the truck. What happened to the fix on this problem? What I understand it took Ford 11 years to change this design.

Jul 102013

F-150 XLT 4.6L

This is crazy that Ford is allowed to not fix this issue with these motors. I had two plugs blow out and had to have another engine put in after the second one. It is just cause they pledge money to the damn politicians so they only have to fix the cheap stuff and we the consumer get screwed!!

- , Clifton Park, NY, USA