1. replace tie rods (1 reports)
2001 Ford F-150 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-150:

2001 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Dec 062007

F-150 HD V8

I already have a complaint on this sight in regards to my transmission going out at 38000 miles. I started hearing a metallic sound when i'd drive over speed bumps, etc. I took the truck to Ford and they told me it was the tie rod on the left side going bad so I had them replace both sides. We all know what happens if they break. It seems they are made to last until the warranty is up and then they fall apart. I thought for the price of the truck that it would last a long time without problems. I guess I was wrong.

- , Charlotte, NC, USA