2002 Ford F-150 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford F-150:

2002 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Feb 032009

I own a 2001 Ford F150 lariet truck, which I bought new, and have only apx. 75000 miles on it. I wash it regularly and even spray up under truck to remove salts every time I wash it. Luckily, or better, blessedly, while poisoning my truck in my car-port the cable holding the spare tire(full size..about 100 pounds) snapped and the tire, tire bracket, and cable (crimped) knuckle fell onto the car port. This cable sheared exactly at the knuckle and it did so with-out any provocation. By the grace of god, it did not stop while I was doing 70 miles an hour going down the highway. If it had I'm sure there would have been so much destruction to the rear of my truck that I would not be able to write this. Let me go on to say, I really like this truck, it is very solid, very reliable, and one of the best rides I've ever owned in my 53 years of life. I am either extremely lucky or blessed that this happened in my drive. In fact, only 5 days before, my wife, son and I had returned from a trip to West Virginia. This was a trip of 700 miles and we had taken her Tahoe because it has 4 wheel drive and my Ford does not!!!

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jun 022004

When using the automatic door locking mechanism the part pinched the skin of the driver's arm.

- Conyers, GA, USA