2002 Ford F-150 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford F-150:

2002 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 032014

F-150 XLT 5.4L V8

Got the truck end of July 2014 and right off noticed that there were a few minor electrical issues (or so I thought) the plug in the back seat didn't work, one of the ones in the front don't work, my interior lights stopped working with in minutes. OK, didn't think nothing about it, thought, oh, just a couple of fuses, no biggie. NOT.

I still don't know what's going on cause my lights came back by themselves but I still have no accessory plugs, one of 2 in the front and the one in the back. Then I lost my power pedals, no not the fuse, still don.t know what it is. Then I lost my power mirrors, got them back after hitting a deer which should have easily set off the air bags and didn't. Lost my front interior dome lights at that time and still no accessory plugs but 1 of 3. Also my cargo light went out and my tach and speedo started only working partially and my fan switch only works on high. My neighbor, who's our local mechanic, and I have been scratching our heads for months.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that the check engine light has been coming and going one day on and off in a week or so, and then we start again with it. He has seen more of my truck than I have and now he has it back in the shop for a totally new problem. Plus we still have no idea what is going on with my electrical. Hopefully he figures it all out this time.

- , Orderville, UT, USA