6.0

1. in the steering column, check wires on multifunction switch (1 reports)
2002 Ford F-150 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford F-150:

2002 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Mar 182014

F-150 XL 4.6L V8

click to see larger images

no brake lights, a wire has became unplugged from mfs no brake lights, a wire has became unplugged from mfs no brake lights, a wire has became unplugged from mfs

Definitely a problem, you need your brake lights, it took me almost a year to figure out this problem. At first I didn't know my brake lights didn't work, then someone mentioned it and I did everything, replaced all fuses, all lights, everything. I then found a forum online that mentioned the wires coming undone in the Multifunction switch from the steering wheel being tilted. Definitely a manufacturing problem, super easy fix though, I literally did it myself and it only took about an hour to do and I didn't have to take off my steering wheel.! Definitely check this if you have no brake lights and you did everything else! I was so relieved when I opened it up and immediately saw the green wire had been undone and not allowing power through. Such an easy fix!

- , Columbia, CA, USA