8.0

$3,200.00

1. replace transmission (1 reports)
2002 Ford F-150 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford F-150:

2002 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 162012

F-150 FX4 5.4L

I experienced a catastrophic transmission failure while driving back from vacation. I've gone through four transmissions in my work vehicles and all have given me warning signs that there was a problem. My F150 only has 76k on it and has not been abused. As i shifted into reverse (automatic) it would not engage. I heard and felt an unusual vibration. Fast forward...turns out the planetary gear grenaded in the transmission. Fragments sent throughout transmission, creating a need for a re-manufacture. Trans, trans. Cooler, and lines. Cost for said repairs $3,200. My complaint is with Ford for not standing behind their known defective planetary gears. After researching this problem, there are many F150 owners, various years, that experienced the same problem. Obviously shoddy metal was used to manufacture these gears. Ford, your trucks are not built " Ford tough" and this will be my last Ford vehicle i will own.

- , North Ridgeville, OH, USA