2002 Ford F-150 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford F-150:

2002 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jan 262007

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Two of the four 265-70-17 Contitrac SUV tires with 26,000 miles that were installed as replacement tires on my 2002 Ford supercrew have broken belts inside the tire in the past two months. These tires have a bulge that shifts the tread apx 2cm over and up 1cm. This makes it impossible to keep the truck on the road at 65 mph. The Ford dealer has been happy to sell me a new tire but has not given any credit, (pro-rate) for the fact the tire has been rendered useless in less than 40% of the life expectancy of the tire. I was not given a choice to report both the tires that failed only one, nor a choice to report 17 inch tire sizes, and the site only allows me to pick one spot on the truck fr the tire failure the other was drivers side rear.

- Oxford, MI, USA

Jul 062005

F-150 8-cyl

While having my vehicle serviced today, I asked my mechanic to check a shaking in the front of my truck. I first noticed the shaking on July 3rd, 2005. When he called, he told me that I had two defective tires, and they were to the point that the wires were pushing through the rubber. The last time my vehicle was serviced, in may, there were no problems with my tires.

- Newport, AR, USA

Oct 202003

F-150 6-cyl

While driving at any speed, the vehicle vibrated uncontrollably. The consumer was able to maintain control of the vehicle, and pulled over. The consumer noticed that all four tires had tread separation from the sidewall.

- Milford Center, OH, USA

Aug 152002

While driving the rear passenger tire experienced tread separation. Front generlal tire had a small slit vertically in the tread. Passenger back tire had a two inch chunk missing and a slit like a V on the inside of tire. General, grabber aw tires-size#255/70R16....

- New Port Richely, FL, USA