6.0

1. get dealer to replace the doors (1 reports)
2003 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford F-150:

2003 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 302004

F-150 XLT Supercab

I have had numerous problems with this vehicle. From paint problems to areas not having paint to the most recent problem of the outside door metal not meeting the inside door metal. There is a gap of 1/8 inch at the bottom of both rear passenger doors. I was informed that this is how Ford manufacuters the F-150. I informed the dealership (Condit Ford World in Newton - New Jersey) that I have looked at other F-150 Supercab vehicles and the door metal on these vehicles do not have the gaps that my vehicle has. I was told that Ford will do nothing to correct the problem. I am concerned about premature rusting. I paid for a new vehicle which in my opinion means a perfect vechicle. Has anyone had the same problem and if so how was it resolved?

- , Milford, PA, USA