2003 Ford F-150 exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford F-150:

2003 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Dec 022002

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

We purchased a 2003 Ford F150 supercrew FX4 in October of 2002. On December 2,2002 this vehicle lost control of it's brakes and acceleration pedal. It was picked up that day and taken to the dealership to be fixed. It is still to this day at the dealership. We have not had possession of it since. They have repeatedly tried to fix it but we unable, until 01-22-03 when we were told it was fixed. But even so we are not given a guarantee by the dealership that it is. They do not feel safe with it on the road also. We are in the process of acting on the lemon law with Ford. At first, we were told that the egr valve was the problem, it litteraly let moisture into the throttle body which formed ice, and they have pictures of this, which made the vehicle lose control of the brakes and the throttle to stick wide open. I have been told that there has been further complaints against moisture in throttle bodys of the same trucks but not to the extent of ours. Also there is complaints of the gas pedal sticking but Ford is telling people that it is thier floor mat creating the problem. I really feel this should be looked into before someone gets hurt or killed. It is not a good feeling when you are driving on icy curves and hills and the speed keeps increasing on its own and the brakes dont work! the only way I stopped it was by throwing it in park, thank god it was in 4 wheel drive, this probably ruined the transmission, but it was the least of my concerns at the moment. I had a car coming towards me and one following behind me, thank god no one was hurt. Please check into this.

- West Branch, MI, USA