2003 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford F-150:

2003 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 192016

F-150

Drove to our cabin in upper Wisconsin and the psf tire the middle of it blow out. It had probable a 4 inch cut from when it blue. The tires are less then a year old with 3,600 miles on them. The tires won't cheap but there junk and this will be the last time I buy good year of any type.

- Delavan, WI, USA

Mar 232004

F-150

Seat belt wont lock most times. Has been like this for over 10 years. Both back doors wont open. If truck catches fire you wont be able to get out. Doors opened then one day the were stuck, this is a hazerd if you are sitting in the back and need to get out fast.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Mar 072010

F-150

Vehicle was parked and not in use. Owner returned home while away with his son to find that vehicle fire was extinguished by local fire department. The extent of fire was the front engine area. Vehicle was used night before without any incident.

- Hagatna, GU, USA

Jul 272007

F-150 8-cyl

In between oil changes, the sender assembly in my Ford F150 failed to send a message to the gauge that the engine was overheating. Because of that failure, both head gaskets were blown allowing water to go inside the engine. The sender assembly was not working so it did not send a signal to the oil gauge that the pressure was low. This caused a complete engine failure. Cost to replace the engine was $5,405.12 + 20 days of a rent car $672. All of this out of my pocket and Ford refuses to reimburse me as does the dealership who did the repair.

- Galveston, TX, USA

Apr 132006

F-150 8-cyl

2003 F150 truck bed caught on fire. The truck burned to the frame.

- Beaver Falls, PA, USA

Jan 182004

F-150 8-cyl

While driving at 30 mph, vehicle was involved in a rear end collision. Then, it collided with a utility pole and erupted into flames. Consumer sustained cracked ribs and was hospitalized. Police arrived on the scene.

- Shippensburg, PA, USA

Sep 102003

F-150 8-cyl

I was wiping the interior of my truck and cut myself on a sharp edge. The item that cut me was a badge/logo which is affixed to a soft cover on the center console of my truck. My truck is a 2003 Ford F-150 harley davison edition. I would not normally complain about a bump or bruise I would get working on a vehicle. This decorative badge on the console is so sharp that it cut through the towel I was wiping with and then into my finger. This badge is in an area where people would normally contact the vehicle to open the console, and it is very unsafe.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Dec 022002

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

We purchased a 2003 Ford F150 supercrew FX4 in October of 2002. On December 2,2002 this vehicle lost control of it's brakes and acceleration pedal. It was picked up that day and taken to the dealership to be fixed. It is still to this day at the dealership. We have not had possession of it since. They have repeatedly tried to fix it but we unable, until 01-22-03 when we were told it was fixed. But even so we are not given a guarantee by the dealership that it is. They do not feel safe with it on the road also. We are in the process of acting on the lemon law with Ford. At first, we were told that the egr valve was the problem, it litteraly let moisture into the throttle body which formed ice, and they have pictures of this, which made the vehicle lose control of the brakes and the throttle to stick wide open. I have been told that there has been further complaints against moisture in throttle bodys of the same trucks but not to the extent of ours. Also there is complaints of the gas pedal sticking but Ford is telling people that it is thier floor mat creating the problem. I really feel this should be looked into before someone gets hurt or killed. It is not a good feeling when you are driving on icy curves and hills and the speed keeps increasing on its own and the brakes dont work! the only way I stopped it was by throwing it in park, thank god it was in 4 wheel drive, this probably ruined the transmission, but it was the least of my concerns at the moment. I had a car coming towards me and one following behind me, thank god no one was hurt. Please check into this.

- West Branch, MI, USA

Feb 152002

F-150

Consumer states while driving the vehicle the gas pedal would get stuck the vehicle would pick up speed.consumer states the brake pedal also did not slow vehicle down. Dealer notified.

- West Branch, MI, USA