2004 Ford F-150 accessories - interior problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 062011

I want to add my name to the ranks of Ford F150 owners who had the nightmarish experience of simply needing spark plugs changed. Unaware that there was a problem with this sparkplug design, I asked my mechanic to do a simple tune up. Two sparkplugs broke and he is still researching how to proceed without incurring the most expense. Tells us about inexpensive recall items, is it because this is expensive that they have not issued recall on this design flaw?

- Chino, CA, USA

May 212011

2004 Ford F150 bought new. Rear window (over back seat) motor/regulator broken over a year ago, fortunately with window closed. Ford says that it will cost close to $500 to replace motor. Yesterday, 5/21/2011, right rear window regulator broke. Window will not stay up. From what I see, this has happened to hundreds if not thousands of people yet Ford will not address it as a recall item. Can't the NHTSA put pressure on Ford or the government to force Ford to fix these when they break" it is definitely a safety issue! Ford bought defective window motors/regulators and are leaving their customers to contend with them alone. Why can't they admit to a problem"

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Feb 102011

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

2004 F150 3 window regulators have failed. One was repaired by ford7/09 two have failed in the last week the window just drops down in the door, it can not have failed from wear and tear because the windows are never used.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Nov 062006

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2004 Ford F150. I have had to repair all four of the power windows. The windows would just slide down into the door frame. All four times the Ford dealer had to replace the power window regulator. Now I see from the internet I am not alone. Could you please look into this issue and maybe make Ford recall the truck and fix this issue and reimburse people like me who had to pay to fix the windows. I am sure this will happen again.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Nov 072010

Window regulators keep breaking on my 04 Ford F-150. Third window to fall down, this one during a snow storm.

- Addy, WA, USA

Oct 292010

F-150 8-cyl

Ford F150 window regulator failure.

- Lake Placid, FL, USA

Oct 252010

F-150 8-cyl

Ford F150 crew cab. At 45,000 miles the F/drivers side window regulator failed. Replaced under warranty. At 76,000 miles F/passenger side window regulator failed. Replaced out of warranty. At 95,000 miles R/passenger window regulator has failed. Has not been to the dealer for the latest failure. I do not know what the cost will be or when the R/ drivers side will fail. Neither of the rear windows have been used more than 50 times during my ownership of the vehicle, which I bought new. It seems to me that from what I have read from others and my own problems that there is a defect that Ford should be responsible for. It appears they are unwilling to face up to their responsibility.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Nov 102010

F-150 8-cyl

3 window motors in my 2004 Ford F150 crew cab were defective. Probably 4 only 21,009 miles.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Aug 142009

F-150 8-cyl

Window registers in 3 out of 4 windows have failed on 2004 F150 Ford truck with only 28,500 miles on vehicle.

- Goldsboro, NC, USA

May 252010

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2004 Ford F150 super crew and have had 3 window regulator go out 2 of them less then a month apart and one of them happened on the highway and im not the only one there are a lot of F150 owner that this has happened to the dealer is making a fortune off of there defective parts charging up to 400 plus part to fix a problem that should be concerned a safety issue because of the loud noise it makes when the window out of no ware fall in to the door.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Mar 182010

Two broken window regulators within approximately two weeks. I attempted to roll down windows and I heard a noise and window just dropped down into the door. No broken glass, but very uncomfortable with young kids and you're away from home in cold weather.

- Austin, TX, USA

Nov 202009

I have a 2004 Ford F150 truck with only about 60,000 miles on it. My passenger window just slid down as I was driving! did not push any buttons! of course I then tried to roll the window up but it wouldn't work. Now my window is left wide open while I have to wait to get it fixed! I had it checked out and its the regulator that needs replaced. I've already had to replace my rear passenger side regulator but I didn't realize then that it was a defect in the part! I'm still trying to get it fixed.

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Aug 172009

2004 F150 supercrew lariat drivers side rear window dropped down, cable failure. This happened while driving with people in the vehicle.

- Attleboro, MA, USA

Jul 302009

We purchased our 2004 F150 in Sept/Oct of '04. Shortly after our mileage warranty expired (36,000) miles our window assembly regulator broke and we had to pay over $400 for it to be repaired. A short time later our second window assembly regulator broke and they only asked us to pay 20% of the repair bill equaling $55. 9 months later our third window regulator assembly broke. When these windows regulators break it is during random times and while driving. No one is rolling the windows down they just all of a sudden fall down. We were driving on the freeway at 65 mph and I had my 12 month old daughter sitting next to the window that broke and she had her hand on the door next to the window. She only had a small red mark on her finger however she was crying hysterically because it scared her. While looking online I have found thousands of other complaints about the window regulators breaking on these trucks. When we called to get the truck repaired the had the part in stock and within us making a decision of when to bring the truck in an hour and a half later the part was already used. The repair tech said that it is their most common problem. I feel that this is a major safety issue. If my daughters hand had been any closer it would have been severely pinched. What if the window were to shatter while going down on the freeway at those speeds? Ford is unwilling to repair our fourth window and we fear it is just a matter of time before it breaks as well.

- Roy, UT, USA

Jun 162009

My drivers side window just fell open while driving and would not go back up. After investigating the power window unit had broken. 7 days later the same thing happened to the rear passenger window. The dealer told me this is common and is a defect but Ford refuses to recall them. The dealer said it will most likely happen to your other 2 windows as well! $400 each to repair.

- La Jolla, CA, USA

Jan 102006

F-150 8-cyl

The spare tire rack holds the tire tightly to the frame has caused the sidewall of the spare tire to be damaged.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Jul 122005

F-150 4WD

The brake pedal in our 04 F150 was not depressed and our 5 year-old hit the shift and the truck went into reverse at a high speed. The truck is supposed to be equipped with a brake-shift interlocking feature that did not work. The truck is severely damaged, there was property damage, I called Ford and they are not accepting any responsibility for this and said that our insurance paid 900. So they will not fix the problem or repair the damaged vehicle.

- Okc, OK, USA

Jun 172005

Husband driving down interstate ans sees flames comming up behind him between the cab abd the bed. Pulled over and had fire department put out flames. For dealer stated that "something clogged the breather tube which ignited the fire" twin toddlers were strapped into the carseats in the back of the cab..

- Bradenton, FL, USA