1.9

2004 Ford F-150 accessories - interior problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

May 252015

F-150

On my way home from the lake, my vehicle starting idling rough. Pulled over to check things out, couldn't find any noticable issues. Retarted vehicle and engine started smoking. I raised the hood and smoke was billowing out from the coil atop the number 2 spark plug, drivers side, looking from front to rear of engine. Had thevehicle towed to bill collins Ford of louisville, ky.they informed me that the spark plugs needed changing. Upon removal, 4 of the eight spark plugs broke off in the engine head. This cost me $857 to change 8 spark plugs that normally I could do myself. The breaking of spark plugs in this type engine, 5.4L Triton, is a well known issue, that Ford Motor Company knew about. Yet they have yet to do a recall. Instead, they developed a tool to take these broken sprk plugs out, yet the consumer still has to pay sometimes upwards of $2,000 for the repair. Ford used a substandard part in their vehicles and refuse to honor the customer. They no lonegr use that type engine, but anyone with a 5.4L Triton engine from Ford will have to pay a lot of money to change eight spark plugs when the time comes. I could not put my vehcile into gear when this happened, that seems like a safety concern to me!

- Louisville, KY, USA