2. would like to have fixed (1 reports)
2004 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Mar 012015

F-150 XLT 4.6L

2004 F150 SCAB and it is just that, a SCAB that won't heal. The frame is rotted through so bad you can't put this truck on a lift. If ford doesn't recall this by the time I search for a new vehicle, I'll never buy another Ford ever as long as I live. This thing has been nothing but a money pit. New engine at 110,000, new front coil springs at 120,000, new rear end, new wheel bearings, front hubs, OH!!! And the new engine popped a spark plug at 23,000 miles. I've owned fords my whole life, I believe this will be my last Unless ford does something to fix this problem ... but I doubt they will

- , Selkirk, NY, USA

May 072015

F-150 XLT 4.6L

I have a 2004 F-150 XLT and I was told by my mechanic that I had severe frame rust and rot. He said nothing can be done and to sell or get rid of the truck as soon as I can. I call the Ford dealership and they said there are no recalls for this problem. The truck has 124000 miles on it and it runs very well. Two years ago I also had cab rot that I ended up getting fixed and Ford said that wasn't covered either even though many owners I have read are having the same problems. It is very frustrating!!

- , Charlestown, RI, USA

Nov 012014

F-150 XLT 5.4L

My truck I bought brand new, it's only 10 years old and the frame in front of the driver's side back rear is ready to let go because it is almost rusted through . I think Ford should go good for it.

- , Swans Island, ME, USA