2. would like to have fixed (2 reports)
2004 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

May 032017

F-150 XL 5.4L

Ford has a real problem here and once again wants to ignore it! The dealer wants me to buy his new truck and give me very little for mine. I've owned ford my whole life but I'm starting to rethink my values if this is what you get. Sure spend 50.000 plus to haul your tools around. What a JOKE

- , wheeling, WV, US

Dec 122016

F-150 XLT 4.6L V8

2004 F150, Upstate, NY. Truck is kept garaged (cold) , sprayed off often, including a good wash underneath, interior/exterior look excellent. One small rust spot on the body around a stone ding otherwise the body is rust-free. Took to the garage and they told me that there are several holes in the frame and it's basically unfix-able. I can only surmise that Ford used really cheap and thin steel in the construction of the frame box, there's no conceivable reason why the frame would rust through before any body panels, according to the mechanics this is affecting this is very common in this model year. This was a $28,000 truck in 2004, and I would have expected better quality... lifelong ford loyalist and am in shock that a babied truck in great mechanical condition, fairly low miles, and that looks this good would have terminal cancer at just 12 years.

- , Parish, NY, USA

Mar 012015

F-150 XLT 4.6L

2004 F150 SCAB and it is just that, a SCAB that won't heal. The frame is rotted through so bad you can't put this truck on a lift. If ford doesn't recall this by the time I search for a new vehicle, I'll never buy another Ford ever as long as I live. This thing has been nothing but a money pit. New engine at 110,000, new front coil springs at 120,000, new rear end, new wheel bearings, front hubs, OH!!! And the new engine popped a spark plug at 23,000 miles. I've owned fords my whole life, I believe this will be my last Unless ford does something to fix this problem ... but I doubt they will

- , Selkirk, NY, USA

May 072015

F-150 XLT 4.6L

I have a 2004 F-150 XLT and I was told by my mechanic that I had severe frame rust and rot. He said nothing can be done and to sell or get rid of the truck as soon as I can. I call the Ford dealership and they said there are no recalls for this problem. The truck has 124000 miles on it and it runs very well. Two years ago I also had cab rot that I ended up getting fixed and Ford said that wasn't covered either even though many owners I have read are having the same problems. It is very frustrating!!

- , Charlestown, RI, USA

Nov 012014

F-150 XLT 5.4L

My truck I bought brand new, it's only 10 years old and the frame in front of the driver's side back rear is ready to let go because it is almost rusted through . I think Ford should go good for it.

- , Swans Island, ME, USA