6.0

$1,000.00

1. replaced both front brake roters/ hubs (4 reports)
2004 Ford F-150 brakes problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Feb 272007

F-150 S Crew Lariat 5.4L V8

Was not expected to have to spend this much on brakes for a new truck at 30k miles.

- , Irving, TX, USA

Jun 152005

F-150 XLT 5.4L V8

Had the front brakes replaced again. Dealer fixed them again under warranty. They also said the rotors warped from being hot and the getting wet. I live in Florida, it rains a LOT in the summer. Guess I cant drive this truck in the rain!

- , Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Oct 102004

F-150 XLT 5.4L V8

I HAD several problems with this truck. AutoBeef says list each one separate so here is the first problem. The brakes started vibrating when stopping. I cant remember the exact mileage but it was very low. The dealer agreed to fix them under warranty!

- , Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Jan 262006

F-150 XLT 4.6L

I had noticed a vibration in the front end when applying the brakes, that seemed to be getting worst every day. I contacted the Dealership about the problem and set up an appointment. I had the same problem with a different make of truck a few years prior and knew that I would have to get the truck into the Dealer prior to 12,000 miles, because any brake problem is going to be a "ware item". The Dealer advised that the front rotor assembly on both sides would have to be replaced, there was a TSB on the problem from Ford. I had to wait about a week for the parts to come in. The rotor assemblies were replaced at no cost.

- , Jonesboro, Arjkansas, USA

Jul 152004

F-150 XLT

Hi I brought a F-150 SUPER CREW ON THE DAY OF DELIVERY THERE WAS A GROVE IN THE LEFT REAR ROTO. THE NEXT DAY THE ASS. SERVICE MGR. AT LEN STOLLER FORD TOLD ME O THERE'S NOTHING WRONG. SO, AT 10,000 MILES I GOT MAD THE FORD DEALER TURNED THE BACK ROTORS AND REPLACED THE PADS. DRIVE FOR TWO MORE DAYS IT STARTED TO PULL AND VIBRATE IN THE FRONT NOW. WENT BACK TO DEALER THEY TURNED THE FRONT ROTORS(10,500) MILES NOW AT 15,000 MILES IT'S BACK MORE NOISE AND VIBRATION.( WHAT IS A FIRE FIGHTER TO DO i HAVE TO GET TO WORK, IT'S NOT LIKE I CAN JUST CALL IN SICK). SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE.

- , Owings Mills, MD, USA