7.3

1. take to dealership for repair (2 reports)
2004 Ford F-150 drivetrain problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 202015

F-150 XLT 5.4L

Second axle seal for passenger rear wheel. Leaking in to brake pad and had to replace that as well.

- , Green Bay, USA

Nov 102011

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

Left rear axle seal leaking oil. I found this while checking truck over before a trip. I replaced both sides. god knows whats next only 44k on this truck and it seems to be falling apart after 8 years of tlc. This truck has never been off road. I have owned ford F150's for the past 15 years. I am not sure if I will buy a new one. Ha waiting for one of the spark plugs to brake when I replace or fly out of a cylinder. I think Ford should help some of the owners who have had several issues with this model year if they want to keep then in the Blue Oval.

- , Forest Hill, MD, USA

Oct 192007

F-150 5.4L

Took my truck to Big Al's to get rear rotors and pads replaced. When tech took off tire and was inspecting truck he found that both rear axle seals were leaking and that the right rear brake shoe was soaked with the fluid and that they needed to be replaced.

I knew that at this mileage this should never have been this way.

I took it to the dealership and after much arguing and hassling they fixed it and paid for it. They also had to replace the park brake and shoes.

- , Virginia Beach, Va, USA