8.0

2004 Ford F-150 electrical problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 312006

F-150 FX4 5.4L V8

If my truck sits over night in cold weather four longer then 6 hrs. it will not start. I have no after market items on my truck. I have a factory installed tow package and passive alarm system. This started approx. Oct. of 2006, and lasted through Dec. on and off every time it snowed and got really cold. Had the alternator checked and it was charging fine. Battery was tested and found to be holding and excepting charge like it was supposed to. After a doz. or so times I got fed up and replaced the Battery. No problems after that until this winter season started in Nov. 2007. My father-in-law did a negative battery draw test with a test light and found there was a draw. I took it to Ford the next day and it started right up for them every time and they could not find any problem. The very next day it started all over again and has been going on since. I have to put it on a battery charger or jump start it to get to start. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

- , Wauconda, IL, USA