2004 Ford F-150 engine problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Feb 102010

F-150 FX4 5.4L

Engine started running rough, so I tried to change the plugs, the very first one broke off in the head so I stopped. Now I find out this common with ford , my question is how do I get the part left in the head out? I have been a die hard ford person for a long time , I have a 68 mustang , 2004 truck, 2001 explorer sport, 2001 escort . After finding out that ford wants $1000 to change 8 plugs for me I think its about time to change....... From what I see on the internet this has been going on since 2007 and ford just keeps taking our money , instead of helping us........

- , Harrisonville, MO, USA

Sep 112009

F-150 FX4 5.4L

when i try to accelerate from a stop or rolling stop the rpm's go up the engine gets louder but nothing happens. then after 5-10 seconds something engages and the truck takes off. I've tried a new air filter, plugs, fuel filter, higher octane gas, fuel injector cleaner after 2-3 fill ups, and change oil always when it should be.

- , Erie, PA, USA