4.0

2004 Ford F-150 engine problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 132004

F-150 XLT 5.4L V8

This is problem #4 with this truck. The serpentine belt would squeal any time I started the truck after it rained or even if there was dew on the hood in the morning. The squealing would stop after the engine warmed up. This problem was never fixed!

After having this truck in the dealers shop many times I finally got smart and traded it in before the warranty expired! The 2006 Honda Accord runs great, although we do still have another 2004 F150. We've had some of the same problems with the 2nd F150, so I'll list those too.

- , Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA