8.3

2004 Ford F-150 engine problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 022011

F-150 XL

My husband and I are about to come to a stop. We are just about stopped when the truck stalled out on us. I was not the driver so I assumed we had run out of gas. I was like " So hunny... why didn't you fill up while you were out yesterday?" He was just as surprised as me. He said "I did fill up" We looked at the gas gauge and yea it was 3/4 FULL. We had the truck towed to a garage and then had the fuel filter changed. That we though fixed it... NOT! A month later it happened again... IN TRAFFIC!!!! Oh I will never ever own another ford anything.

- , Spicewood, TX, USA

Jun 082010

F-150 4x4 5.4L

truck stalls when coming to a stop. will restart also stalls when you take foot off exelerator and going into a turn. had the fuel filter replace. still happends. ford dealer cant find anything wrong. thinking about going foreign.

- , Oswego, New York, USA

Jun 022009

F-150 FX4 5.4L V8

The exact same thing is happening to me. i stall in traffic..i slow to stop then just when i proceed in my turn to accelerate the truck dies. i am at 97000..i have taken it to ford with this complaint for 6 months ..they couldn't find the problem. so i took again last week..and i decided to be more direct because i stalled with my newborn and 4 year old in the truck and am afraid now to get hit with them in it. they again checked codes and engine and test drove it. and they said..they found nothing wrong..and that day i found out my warranty ran out. so then i asked. " well ..wat do i do next? guy says" i don't know" . then i said " can i talk to a mechanic..he says nothing.." then i said " well what do u suggest i do next to find the problem? he said.." that's up to you! i said.. i don't know what to do? well he said " i suggest you take it to the dealer you bought it from!

i was so pissed off i was crying..when i left that dealership. here i kept every maintenance..changed oil every time i was supposed to.i basically kept this truck well maintained...i feel ripped off and i lost my respect for Ford..they suck! i put my trust in them to take care of this truck for my family..that's why i feel ripped off. so i took it to another place in town and i told him what happened and i asked him.."well what do you suggest i do next to find the problem" he said..a fuel system tune up...and clean up your throttle body.

so as i write this am waiting for my truck to be done. So far this is what i had done. I had my engine checked for any faulty finds they found nothing..i had it checked for any oil leaks because they said that can cause stall..no leaks. i never missed an oil change. so am hoping i will come to find the problem soon. am stuck with a ford ..it sucks rite now. still feeling pissed off at them. Kinda makes me wonder now if they even tried.

- , Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

Apr 062009

F-150 Lariat 5.4L V8

Basically the truck just dies out. When driving and I come to a stop, maybe waiting on the light to turn green, once the light turn I give the truck gas and it just stops running. It dies right in the middle of traffic. It does start right back up but I concerned one of these times someone is going to run into me.

- , Covington, GA, USA

Dec 092008

F-150 XLT 5.4L Triton

Any vehicle can break down.

But this is a known issue with Ford f150 5.4 triton. . Also, increased cranking time as problem got worse

Ford needs to send owners some info on it and not leave us stranded.

- , Camden On Gauley, WV, USA

May 132008

F-150 FX4 5.4L

On many occasions my truck has just stopped running. Pull up to a stop sign, come to the end of an off ramp, it just stops running. When I start it up again it wont idle so I have to keep my foot in it to make it run. Then, all of a sudden it's fine again. Lately, this has been happening on a weekly basis. This started when I first bought the truck and the dealer couldn't find anything wrong. Any idea's? I could use some help.

- , Griswold, CT, USA