1.7

2005 Ford F-150 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-150:

2005 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Mar 022012

F-150

The hoses from the window washer pump to the sprayers have deteriorated

- Carthage, TN, USA

Sep 012015

F-150

Driver side window regulator frayed. Window inoperable.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Mar 072014

F-150

The contact owns a 2005 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the windows dropped inside of the door panel while being opened. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the regulators needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 114,000.

- Sallon, NV, USA

Feb 142014

F-150 8-cyl

I had just rolled up the windows on my truck, when I heard a loud pop come from the passenger door. About 15 minutes later the window dropped down into the door. This happened about 4 years ago. This is twice in the 8 years I have had the truck. Needs to be a recall on this since seems to be happening to a lot of people.

- Niceville, FL, USA

Aug 242013

F-150

The contact owns a 2005 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the front driver's side window fell into the door panel. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed that the window regulator would need to be replaced. The contact stated that the failure had occurred two years prior on the front passenger's side window. The vehicle had been repaired. The failure and current mileage was 40,491.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 282000

F-150

Driving home and suddenly there was a loud bang. I thought someone shot out my window. After arriving home I looked at it and realized that the glass had dropped down into the door. I took it to the dealer and paid $350 for the repair. These window regulators need to be recalled or banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Weldon, IL, USA

Dec 172012

F-150 8-cyl

When accelerating slowly from a stop light, the drivers side window fell down into the door. Apparently the window regulator broke, an issue which is documented on numerous internet sites. The window dropping into the door created a very distracting driving situation, not to mention visual safety hazards as in today during rainy, foggy, humid conditions affecting the visibility through the remaining glass in the vehicle.

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

Aug 242012

F-150 8-cyl

I have powered windows on my truck. Today while driving to work and getting on the highway going South on I-35 in okc, ok. I had the driver side window partially rolled down and once I was at highway speeds I decided to roll the window up, as I usually have always done before. After the window reached the closed position, I heard a loud pop as if a rock hit the window and immediately after that, the window fell down and slammed into the bottom well of the door panel. To my amazement and not understanding what just occurred, I tried to re-raise the window back up unsuccessfully. So far its sitting in the parking lot, taped up with plastic over it since its about to rain until I can get it taken care of. On another note the other rear back passengers windows squeak when they are raised or lowered. What next!! probably more of the same. Sweet!!

- Luther, OK, USA