2005 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-150:

2005 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Jun 152012

F-150 8-cyl

This 5.4 liter V8 motor required replacement of spark plugs (check engine message flashed on the dashboard). The spark plugs had welded themselves to the engine head, ultimately requiring the removel of the engine head to extract spark plug-cost $2,000 in additional cost to consumer. Internet is full of similar reports. Mechanics at Ford dealership and midas report frequent encounter with this issue with similar result. I have contacted Ford and they claim no liability, stating NHTSA hasn't required them to do a recall.

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Jun 062012

The contact owns a 2005 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the vehicle was being examined for routine maintenance when he was informed that four spark plugs were fractured. The contact also stated that the spark plugs were supposed to last for approximately 100,000 miles before being replaced. The dealer stated that a carbon build up on the tips of the plugs caused the failure. The failure and current mileages were 81,000.

- Lockport, NY, USA

Apr 122012

F-150 8-cyl

I was driving on a residential street (gray St. )approaching a busy two lane street that was one way heading South (armenia avenue) in tampa, Florida. As I was approaching the stop sign, my foot was on the brake. Preparing to stop, but instead of stopping the engine revved and accelerated into the lanes of traffic traveling South. I was standing on the brake so hard that my leg was shaking when I finally stopped. I stopped the vehicle by depressing the emergency brake and the RPM's finally came down and the engine returned to normal. I was so nervous because if there had been cars coming I would have been hit on the driver's side. The street is usually very heavy with traffic. I was very lucky that there was no one close or I may not be writing this today. A few days later I came to the same corner and a bicyclist crossed right in front of me. If this had happened on April 12th, I would have run over the bicyclist. I drove around the block very slowly continuing to stop and RPM's were normal. I really thought everyone would think I was crazy for what had just happened. When the Ford dealership found the problem on the computer I was relieved to know that there was a problem that could be fixed. It was the throttle body. A month later our other Ford F-150, a 2007, had the same problem and this time my husband was driving it. There was a report on this vehicle also. Ford is not recognizing that there is a problem and other vehicles are being brought in for the same issues which could result in serious injury or fatalities to innocent parties due to some defect in the throttle body's on the F-150's. my report number on our 2007 F-150 is 10459967.

- Tampa, FL, USA