2005 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-150:

2005 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Dec 282012

F-150

Bought this Ford F150 used with 95,000 miles. I was told the plugs and fuel filter needed replaced by the 100,000 range. My local garage spent hours replacing one plug and when they checked with the local Ford dealer about the problem they were told it was a long on going problem. The dealer said, they could remove the plugs but it would be $500 dollars to start and if the plugs broke off in the heads the cost could be as much as $3,000 if they had to remove the heads. Research shows me this has been going on for ever and Ford refuses to repair or recall the F150 5.4 3V spark plug problem. Build up around the base of the plugs from poor head design is costing us consumers thousands. People are getting hurt just trying to remove these plugs. I feel Ford should recall the F150 with this engine and repair or replace the engine heads with a plug that can be replaced at a fair price not this stupid thousands people are spending.

- Lincolnton, NC, USA

Apr 072012

F-150 8-cyl

On three separate occasions, my Ford 2005 F150 king ranch supercrew 4X4 engine suddenly died while driving at approximately 55-60mph. On all three occasions, I fortunately was able to pull over to the side of the road with the engine died and no power steering. If I had not been in the right hand lane and able to pull off of the road, then an rear engine collision would more than likely occurred if I would have been in an outer lane of a multiple lane highway. After the third occasion this past week, I took the vehicle to the Ford dealership in rockwall, Texas where it cost me $700 to have throttle body/motor assembly replaced. My obd readings at home were P2104 and P2112. If not already, this issue is a fatally waiting to happen. Lots of chatter on internet of similar issues.

- Rockwall, TX, USA

Jan 012011

F-150

There is a obvious problem with the manifolds on this truck. My truck is an FX4 and rarely seen any off roading. My manifolds are cracked and the truck has been babied this results in a very annoying noise. Also the transmission had be replaced at 30,000 miles under warranty, the new one is still slipping.

- Crofton, MD, USA

Sep 032012

F-150

The contact owns a 2005 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, a loud noise emitted outside of the vehicle. The contact maneuvered to the side of the road and then resumed driving. The vehicle was inspected upon arriving to the residence. The contact detected the number seven spark plug dislodged from the engine cylinder head. The dealer was contact who informed him that there was no recalls pertaining to the defect. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 152012

F-150 8-cyl

This 5.4 liter V8 motor required replacement of spark plugs (check engine message flashed on the dashboard). The spark plugs had welded themselves to the engine head, ultimately requiring the removel of the engine head to extract spark plug-cost $2,000 in additional cost to consumer. Internet is full of similar reports. Mechanics at Ford dealership and midas report frequent encounter with this issue with similar result. I have contacted Ford and they claim no liability, stating NHTSA hasn't required them to do a recall.

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Jun 062012

F-150

The contact owns a 2005 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the vehicle was being examined for routine maintenance when he was informed that four spark plugs were fractured. The contact also stated that the spark plugs were supposed to last for approximately 100,000 miles before being replaced. The dealer stated that a carbon build up on the tips of the plugs caused the failure. The failure and current mileages were 81,000.

- Lockport, NY, USA

Apr 122012

F-150 8-cyl

I was driving on a residential street (gray St. )approaching a busy two lane street that was one way heading South (armenia avenue) in tampa, Florida. As I was approaching the stop sign, my foot was on the brake. Preparing to stop, but instead of stopping the engine revved and accelerated into the lanes of traffic traveling South. I was standing on the brake so hard that my leg was shaking when I finally stopped. I stopped the vehicle by depressing the emergency brake and the RPM's finally came down and the engine returned to normal. I was so nervous because if there had been cars coming I would have been hit on the driver's side. The street is usually very heavy with traffic. I was very lucky that there was no one close or I may not be writing this today. A few days later I came to the same corner and a bicyclist crossed right in front of me. If this had happened on April 12th, I would have run over the bicyclist. I drove around the block very slowly continuing to stop and RPM's were normal. I really thought everyone would think I was crazy for what had just happened. When the Ford dealership found the problem on the computer I was relieved to know that there was a problem that could be fixed. It was the throttle body. A month later our other Ford F-150, a 2007, had the same problem and this time my husband was driving it. There was a report on this vehicle also. Ford is not recognizing that there is a problem and other vehicles are being brought in for the same issues which could result in serious injury or fatalities to innocent parties due to some defect in the throttle body's on the F-150's. my report number on our 2007 F-150 is 10459967.

- Tampa, FL, USA