8.9

$2,976.00

1. helicoil threads,new coil (4 reports)
  3. new motor (1 reports)
  4. replaced head (1 reports)
2005 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-150:

2005 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Apr 252012

F-150 5.4L

My truck is a 05 ford f-150 4+4 with 53,000 miles. The spark plug broke off and went down in the motor causing the motor to lock up. It cost me 6,400 dollars to fix it. Ford would not do anything to help me. It had the same plugs in it that came with the truck.I am 52 years old and this has hurt me very bad. I will never buy another ford of any kind. nor will any of my family or friends and I will tell everyone I see about this. I hope ford gives their CEO's a big raise this year. My family will not have a christmas Thanks To FORD.

- , Newcomb, TN, USA

Mar 202012

F-150 4.6L V8

I had just purchased this used truck and had put only 1700 miles on it, when the #3 spark plug blew out causing two gas explosions when I was 800 miles from home. It cost $981.98 towing and repair to a Ford garage. I had them install a spark plug insert instead of replacing the cylinder head at a cost of $3,900.00. Before the spark plug blew out I did smell gasoline around the engine a few times and I checked but found nothing.

I found that Ford does not cover this known problem out of warranty.

Ford recommendation is to replace the cylinder head. Ford has a service bulletin

TSB 07-21-2 to install a spark plug insert.

The spark plug blow out is a design defect by Ford of the aluminum cylinder head and should be covered by extended warranty especially since there is a potential of fire and explosion hazard. The owners manual states the spark plugs should be replaced at 100,000 miles. My spark plugs were OEM at only 79,000.

- , White Pigeon, MI, USA

May 112012

F-150 STX 4.6L

OK yes I'am back ,The girl from Colorado Springs,CO. Ok so 3 weeks ago I put a new transmission in my piece of s*t Ford f150 STX 4.6 4x4. Well now my truck is miss-firing. I"am so tired of putting money into this truck. FORD you need to get your s*t right with these trucks. We make the payments so why can't you not make the truck????????????????????????????????????????????????

- , coloradosprings, Colorado, USA

Feb 072013

F-150 XLT 4.6L V8

After Internet search seems like the Triton 4.6 V8 of this model is notorious for blowing the plug.Should have been recalled and fixed.Plug blows and strips the cylinder.

- , Nederland, Texas, USA

Oct 312011

F-150 Triton

coming home with my brother, had to tow my truck back

- , Norwalk, CA, USA

Mar 122010

F-150 Triton

Truck blew spark plug on my way to work with carpool. myself and friends late for work.

- , Norwalk, CA, USA

Nov 042011

F-150 XL 4.6L V8

never replaced spark plugs because ran great and fuel mileage was real good.Spark plugs should not come loose ,no matter how many miles .when they are installed at the factory.Ford should be responsible.

- , Flatonia, Texas, USA

Jul 032008

F-150

Over a period of 20,000 miles I had to replace the right head not once but twice- Since 50,000 mile mark I have shelled out in excess of $12,000 in repairs and I have the receipts from the local Ford dealer. Tongue in cheek, I sent a letter off to CR at Ford along with copies of the receipts requesting why I should ever again think of buying a new Ford. Last week I bought 2 new Toyotas.

- , EL SEGUNDO, CA, USA

Mar 012011

F-150 XLT 4.6L

one of many people with issues of plugs blowing. Destroyed the coil.

- , Bartonville, IL, USA