- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
2005 Ford F-150
Worst 2005 F-150 steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rack and pinion steering went out2
- highway speed shaking/vibration1
- steering column jiggles over bumps1
- vibration felt in steering1
- wheel very hard to turn intermittently1
- NHTSA: Steering20
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Tie Rod Assembly2
- NHTSA: Steering: Column1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford F-150 Model Years
Curious how the 2005 F-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150.