2006 Ford F-150 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford F-150:

2006 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 142016

The contact owns a 2006 Ford F-150. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle made a loud popping noise and the instrument panel became inoperable. In addition, the rear windows and power locks failed to operate and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was 150,000.

- Checotah, OK, USA

Apr 152016

After countless hours spent diagnosing a dash brake lite warning. These vehicles factory defect is the electronics board or speedometer cluster. Countless people are driving with a brake light on with nothing possibly wrong.when something does go wrong they may not have a clue until the vehicle has no brakes.

- Hinsdale, NH, USA

Jan 232015

While driving instrument panal shuts down, radio shuts off, airbag indicator comes on, windows don't work, if shut off lasts more than 5 minutes seat belt chime goes off, twice word test came on in mileage indicator window. Sometimes goes on and off while turning or hitting brakes, other times just while driving.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 012005

Spark plugs on the 5.3 liter engine when replaced break--in return the book said pull engine and pull heads to replace spark plugs. The law suit filled Ford admits to bad decision on spark plugs and will reimburse some of the cost. The cost is very high--the book and Ford's shop said the engine needs to be pulled to pull the heads to replace the spark plugs. There was never any software updates, and now the vehicle requires them. The error in the cluster software recall was suppose to be repaired and I read from the experts all software should have been upgraded with the cluster error. There are 42 P.M. Ford and nhsta knew or knows about on my vehicle and nothing has been done, I am a 100% dav and my vehicle has been broken down. The 2006 harley davidson F-150 that cost so much with it's on board computer system does not work. I have read many complaints about the F-150 engine cutting out, I pulled out to pass on a two lane road and almost got killed when mine cut out so bad. A two cylinder would have done better than that V-8.

- Broaddus, TX, USA

Jun 072015

The contact owns a 2006 Ford F-150. While driving at 45 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle failed to restart and was towed to a mechanic where it was discovered that the ignition switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. After the vehicle was repaired, the failure continued with a ticking noise. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Kenner, LA, USA

Jun 012015

In June 2015, the air bag light in my Ford F150 illuminated, indicating a problem. I took my vehicle to a Ford dealership. They told me that the deployable restraint system, specifically the pretensioner, had malfunctioned and possibly would fail to function as intended in the event of a crash. The service technician indicated that the restraint system is connected to my air bags, which might fail to work in a crash, increasing the risk of injury. After paying the diagnostic fee, I was given a repair estimate of an additional $392.21. Not wanting to risk injury in the event of a crash, I had the pretensioner replaced. The buckle pretensioner is a critical safety device that should never fail under normal use. My vehicle has never been in an accident. It is my understanding that some pretensioners have failed due to simple seat position adjustments, which, to me, is evidence of a poor design. Ford has recently recalled many 2013 żż 2014 vehicles for poorly made pretensioners, recognizing the safety issue surrounding them. I requested that Ford reimburse me for the cost of the pretensioner buckle; however, Ford denied this request. I have the original pretensioner and all receipts available.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jul 232015

Morning of July 23,2015, I was driving about 25 mpr speed when number three spark plug blow out of the cylanderhead on my F-150 Triton V8. Took it to the local machanic shop walton's. three hours later, walton's had to replace and resleeve number three cylanderhead and replaced electrical sparkplug wire, plus replaced all eight spark plugs. All at a cost of $543. Not only this happened to me but walton's stated that I was the 10th person this week this has happened too. I presented the part to my local Ford dealership where we bought the truck (hall's Ford Motor Company) brand new in 2006 and paid cash to the sum of $30,000. I asked them if they know of this problem with Triton V8's. they stated they did but no know recalls and they too had several repairs come in for the same thing in the pass week. They also stated that the Ford Motor Company was aware of this matter but never let there customers know about this problem yet because there was no recall on file to let them know. This thing where the spark plugs come flying out of an engine can be very hazards, it could cause a crash or even give a person a heart attack because the truck sounds like world war III going off under the hood and it may even start a fire. This matter needs to be taken care of by Ford.

- Davis Creek, CA, USA

Jun 292015

The contact owns a 2006 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for routine maintenance. While at the independent mechanic, the contact was notified that seven of the eight spark plugs in the vehicle were fractured and needed to be replaced. The contact stated that one of the fractured spark plugs remained in the cylinder head. The mechanic stated that the cylinder head had to be removed from the engine to remove the fractured spark plug. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure; however, the contact was not offered a remedy for the failure. The failure mileage was 84,000.

- Shepherdsville, KY, USA

Feb 022015

Ford's iwe solenoid has a tendency to malfunction due to a poor design. Tsb 06-8-15 was issued to replace these solenoids, but only if there was a problem and only if it was giving a problem. My vehicle was in storage for 5 years and after it was brought out and to NY, the water leaked on the solenoid due to the inadequate design, causing the iwe's to malfunction. I still don't know what exactly it did but driving the car down the road, it caused me to feel like I was driving over small speed bumps with the front drivers side tire. I'm afraid that if this failed at a high rate of speed it could cause the iwe to engage and possibly lock up one of the front tires.

- Hobart, NY, USA

Jan 282015

F-150 6-cyl

Vehicle started losing power and unable to run correctly. Took to garage and fuel pump drive module was rusted with circuits being exposed to the salt and moisture elements where there was a large hole in back of unit. New one was installed with spacers to help prevent salt and moisture from collecting where back of module mounts onto axle bracket. Vehicle ran better but also had to install new coil due to a cylinder missing. Runs ok with work that was performed. Module should not have been installed against the bracket so salt and moisture could collect and rust it so badly and cause it to fail. Ford should pay for this repair due to the way in which the module was installed so it would rust so badly.

- Port Byron, NY, USA

Oct 272014

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle failed to accelerate and the service vehicle warning indicator illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that a sensor was faulty. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 89,069. Updated 04/10/15 updated 11/5/2015

- Brookesville, FL, USA

Aug 012014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The electric windows and door locks and mirror adjustments all stopped working on my 2006 F150. After doing some looking I found that the wire harness that runs to the door has most of the wires broken or breaking in half thus leaving bare wires exposed and a possible fire hazard the way it looks to me.

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Aug 272014

Went to stop for traffic light applied the brakes and vehicle took off///////slammed on brakes to try to stop and slammed in park.came with in inches of crashing into car in front of me. Today is Sept.1st have not driven truck again////// call Ford Corp. They will not pay to check out truck. At 3100 miles had to replace tires. Orig. Had dry rot, ,,,,,

- Islip, NY, USA

Mar 122014

F-150 8-cyl

All the gauges in my truck stopped working. First the speedometer then all the gauges. At first they just fluctuated then they all stopped. Then the lights started flashing on and off inside the vehicle. Then the fuel sensor warning started beeping followed by the seatbelt beeper. Occasionally the entire dash goes blank followed by a test screen on the dash. All interior electrical systems shut off for about two to three seconds then come back on while driving. Very worried that the vehicle will just stop while driving.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jan 222014

F-150 8-cyl

Went to start truck and engine would crank but would not fire. I tried the starting fluid test to see if it was an ignition problem or fuel problem. Gave a little shot of starting fluid into the intake and then tried to start. Motor acted like it was going to start but never started beings I didn't give it enough starting fluid to start because I'm not a fan of using it. With that I eliminated the ignition had to be fuel. I got on the internet and searched no start problem for 2006 F-150 and found a you tube video of the fuel pump control module rusting out. Went out and dropped spare tire and took the control module off the cross member and noticed the hole corroded through the housing just like the video. I got the upgraded part from a Ford dealer for $163 and installed. Runs fine now. My biggest complaint is Ford knows there's a problem since the have came out with an upgraded control module so why isn't this a recall? I live in a state that temperatures in the winter months can be below 0 degrees Fahrenheit and drive an hour one way to work, this could have happened when I was on the road in extreme cold, could of had my two children with me broke down on the side of the road and cold out. Luckily it happened at home but still it was 4 degrees out and laying under my truck taking the module off was not very pleasant. Think this is something that Ford needs to do something about.

- Tipton , IA, USA

Aug 152013

F-150 8-cyl

While approaching a stop the truck gauges started going crazy. Truck stalled but restarted with gauges still acting crazy. All gauges would bottom out and come back up and radio was turning on and off. Replaced battery but only stalling issue was resolved. Took to local Ford dealer but since the truck only does this randomly, they were not able to diagnose the problem. Truck runs perfectly but gauges and radio still go on and off making it extremely annoying to drive. Very frustrating to know that so many other Ford owners have the same problem but no solution has been offered from Ford.

- Riverbank, CA, USA

Apr 292013

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the instrument cluster shut off whenever the temperature was above 70 degrees. The contact mentioned that it would return to normal once the temperature was cooler. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician stated that the instrument cluster needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 114,000.

- Frankford, IN, USA

Apr 012013

F-150 8-cyl

The led display that indicates the mileage, gear selector and warning indicator is no longer operable. From a quick web search and a discussion with the local Ford service department this is a known issue that is not currently covered by a recall. Inability to view mileage and warning indicators results in unsafe driving conditions.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jan 172011

2006 Ford F-150 harley davidson has coil misfire problem. All eight coils have been replaced in the last 24 months and three have been replaced twice. Cat converter has been replaced twice in the same time period. All plugs have been replaced. The car continues to misfire. As a result, the vehicle has an extremely strong odor of fuel resonating. The dealer states that they cannot do anything to find the root of the problem. This vehicle is dealer serviced.

- Warren, NJ, USA

Jan 242012

F-150 8-cyl

While approaching an intersection, about to make a right at the light, (I was driving about 20mph) on 12/24/12 (with my two children and husband in the truck) the vehicle beeps and it displays "engine safe mode...low oil pressure" then the power steering cuts off and the whole vehicle shut down! I am frantic at this point because I have no clue what is going on! I was in the middle of traffic and had to cut the car off and crank it up again. Luckily I didn't get rear ended or in an accident. That same day I went and got my oil change because it was over due. Well on 1/4/13 the same thing happens as I am turning into the parking lot of mcdonald's. I get the same error message as before, the steering wheel locks up, and truck cuts off! this so extremely dangerous. I looked this issue up online and see that it appears to be a common issue with the 2006 F-150 and the Expedition. My bother-in-law, who also has a similar F-150 to ours, said the same thing has happened to him twice.

- Sumter, SC, USA