- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2006 Ford F-150
Worst 2006 F-150 engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- spark plugs break off in head36
- spark plug blew out of the head10
- engine failure7
- cam phasers and lack of oil pressure during hot idle6
- chugs when in od4
- blue smoke from exhaust upon startup3
- running rough3
- whistles driving at highway speed3
- hard starting or no starting2
- hydrolocked due to bad injector2
- stalling out when idling or moving slowly2
- engine light on1
- exhaust manifold stud failure1
- power loss, limp mode1
- runs for 30 minutes, then shuts down1
- ticking sound from engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine6
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford F-150 Model Years
Curious how the 2006 F-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150.