8.0

2006 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford F-150:

2006 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 212011

F-150 5.4L

Ford is a joke and so is Ziegler Ford in Elkhart, IN. I purchased this USED vehicle 6/08 at 32,334 mi. I paid for an extended warranty. So i start to have issues with the ticking sound, i call my Ford dealership her in Fort Wayne where I now live and I'm told my warranty expired in April. um no. i paid for a ext warranty the covered me to 100,000 mi or to 60 months......... according to the dealership i was sold a NEW vehicle warranty since there was still 1600 miles on the bumper to bumper warranty. Um no so the finance manager Danny, was called and i asked why the paper work states my mileage starts at 32,334 and my warranty start dates is 6/08. he said someone messed up the paper work. bull. after dealing with these people and calling Ford to get this fixed, no one did anything about it. So I turned to the BBB. nothing with them. Then i wrote a letter to the IN attorney general! they are mediating this for me to get my FULL warranty the way I paid for it. It is humorous because I requested the dealership call me back on how we were going to fix this and of course nothing. until yesterday when I get a call from them, but only because the Atty general called them :) But in the mean time I've wasted money on a new ext warranty to fix this problem. I'm going after every dime I've spent to fix this because FORD knows these problems exist! They met their match this time because SOMETHING needs done!

- , Fort Wayne, IN, USA