2006 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford F-150:

2006 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 302009

F-150

The contact owns a 2006 Ford F-150. While driving 55 mph, the vehicle decelerated and the speed would not increase when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The failure occurred without warning. The contact was able to safely maneuver the vehicle to the shoulder of the road. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but they could not determine the cause of the failure. The manufacturer stated that there was no current recall on the vehicle and advised him to have it inspected by the dealer. The failure and current mileages were 46,400.

- Douglasville , GA, USA

Dec 212007

F-150 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Ford F150. The cruise control was activated at 35 mph. The vehicle sped up 1 mph every time the coast was applied. The coast was supposed to slow down the vehicle. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer. The failure mileage was 43,500 and current mileage was 44,000. Updated 04/03/08. The horn was inoperative as well.

- Mckenzie, TN, USA

Feb 022008

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The truck was purchased Oct, 2006. June, 2007 upon approaching an intersection I moved my foot from the accelerator to the brake. The engine did not decelerate for approx. 2 sec. July, 2007 while driving 60 mph I moved my foot from the accelerator to the brake to slow for a left turn. The truck would not decelerate for approximately 3 sec. The truck revved to approx. 5000 rpms. As I took the ditch, the acceleration stopped. Nov, 2007 I started my truck in the driveway. As soon as I shifted into drive the truck revved to approx. 5000 rpms. I stood on the brake as as the back right tire squealed, leaving black tread marks in my drive. I shifted into neutral. The acceleration did not stop. I turned the truck off. When I restarted the truck it idled normally. I took the truck to the dealership. They replaced the throttle body, claiming that should resolve the issue. Dec, 2007 while in busy traffic in the rain and driving through a busy intersection, I removed my foot from the accelerator to brake. The truck revved to approx. 6000 rpms, nearly rear ending the car in front of me. I shifted into neutral and the acceleration stopped. I went back to the dealer. The service manager drove it for a week and found nothing. It was returned to us with a black box installed called a "flight recorder". we were instructed to press the button on the device at the next occurrence to capture data to "prove" the problem. The fifth incident occurred again in my driveway Feb 2, 2008. As I shifted into drive the truck revved to approx. 6000 rpms. I stood on the brake as the back right tire squealed, leaving tread marks on the drive. I pressed the button on the flight recorder and shifted to neutral. The acceleration stopped and I took it back to the dealer. After a weeks time and inspection by a company engineer, we were advised the captured information had been lost and that the engineer believed I was accidentally standing on the accelerator in lieu of the brake.

- Republic, MO, USA

Oct 202006

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

- the contact stated that while the 2006 Ford F-150was in park hadto depress the brake pedal to switch the transmission to a drive gear. Once he had the vehicle in gear without foot on the acceleration pedal the vehicle will accelerate unexpectedly. The contact stated that the vehicle will accelerate for a few seconds and then release itself. It accelerated when vehicle was in drive or reverse gear. One time when the contact was on the highway in cruise control at 70 mph on an exit ramp, when he pressed the brake pedal to release the cruise control and suddenly the vehicle accelerated for about 3 seconds. Contact took the vehicle to the dealership on 11/01/06 and they put a box that contact stated worked like a black box on the plane to diagnose vehicle failure. The contact had the box on for 6 weeks and the dealership wasn't able to diagnose the failure. Updated 1/30/2007 -

- Graton, WI, USA