3.2

2006 Ford F-150 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford F-150:

2006 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jan 102014

F-150

My factory tires, bf goodrich long trail T/a, on my Ford F-150 king ranch bought new in 2006 lasted only 21,428 miles. They gave me a lousy $236. And it cost me $708.to replace all 4. now, 18,270 miles later there are less the 4/32 left on the tread. On a recent oil change, a dealer would not rotate my tires because of the ware. Now I am being told - sorry no warranty left! - I am livid! can anything be done?

- Margate, FL, USA

Jul 112012

F-150

My 2006 Ford F150 has the positraction rear end. Its went out around 25000 to 30000 miles, while the truck was still under warranty and the dealer fixed it no charge. Now the truck has a little over 62000 miles and the rear end has gone out again. Almost exactly the same amount of miles on the rear end. Warranty was up at 60000 miles so its no longer covered. I think this should be looked into as a recall because this is the second time its happened on the same truck.

- Campbell, MN, USA

Jun 252009

F-150

Slow air leak in tire. Dealer found a crack in the inside of the wheel next to the tire bead. Crack is only on the inside, vertical face of the wheel. This is the first time for this failure on this vehicle since I owned it. The service person offered to sell me a new wheel. I assume this part is oem and has never been replaced. I ordered the new part.

- Custer, MI, USA

Dec 022006

F-150 6-cyl

During adverse weather conditions (winter ice and snow, cold temps) my wheels had ice freeze in them creating an impossible steering situation. The design of these wheels allows them to hold about an inch of water about 3 inches in length, when this freezes the result is an out of balance wheel, ( in this case 4 out of balance wheels) making them wobble (vibrate) uncontrollably on icy roads. This caused me to experience a terrifying drive for the 17 miles to town. I believe this could cause an accident with a less experienced driver.

- Seligamn , MO, USA