2007 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Dec 232015

2007 Ford F-150 XLT with 5.4L Triton V8, engine began shaking violently while at stop light, then hesitated consistently while accelerating 40-50mph, no warning lights or indicators on in truck. Ford dealership replaced coil I believe, just purchased the truck used and didn't get any documentation when they fixed it.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

May 302015

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. While parked, the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the technician stated that the fuel driver module was corroded and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000. MA 08/14/15

- Steuben, WI, USA

Apr 042012

Cab corner rust out rock pall rust out when I pay 38000 grand for a truck new off the lot now with 30000 miles should not be that much rust come to find out on the back of the cab corner there a gap where water leak in to the rocker and the water lays in there and rust out the bottom of the door and how hard would of been to run a bead of seam sealer for water could of got down in there.

- Newark, OH, USA

May 032014

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. When the vehicle accelerated from a stop, the contact heard a loud explosion near the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle stalled in the middle of the intersection and was towed to a dealer. The dealer stated that one of the bolts that secured the rear end became detached. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Apex, NC, USA

Aug 212014

F-150 8-cyl

I was driving down the road and I heard a loud popping noise so I pulled off on the side of the road and turned the truck off. I then saw smoke like the engine had overheated but in a matter of seconds flames ignited and I quickly got out of the vehicle and called 911. As I was speaking to the dispatcher there was a loud explosion and the whole front of my truck was engulfed in flames. By the time the fire department arrived and put out the fire my hood was totally burned up the engine is burned up and melted and the windshield and driver's side window blew out and the dash and front interior is burned and melted. I am lucky that I was able to get out in time because it happened so quickly. I am also glad my 10 month old son was not with me on this day.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Jul 182013

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the side support handles used to lift oneself into the vehicle became fractured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was not repaired. The contact stated that it was the second occurrence of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Dec 072012

F-150 8-cyl

I was stopping and about to park into a parking stall. As I was applying my brake, the vehicle suddenly accelerated. It jumped a curb, crossed a landscape island, took down shrubs, then stopped on the other side. It happened few other times, but not to this extend. Other times I thought I may have accidentally pressed on the gas pedal, and did not pay too much attention. One other time it happened, it was raining when I thought perhaps it was the rain that caused it.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Aug 082012

F-150 8-cyl

The molding with built in handle broke while I was getting into my truck. I fell backward and caught myself on the truck door so that I would not fall onto the parking lot. The part number is 4L3Z-1503599-aaa. I repaired the truck put in new molding.

- Norristown, PA, USA

Jun 052011

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact was entering the vehicle and grabbed the pull up handle located on the driver's side front door. As the contact grabbed the handle, the handle detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 68,000.

- Fitzgerald, GA, USA