7.9

2007 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Dec 082007

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

In July 2007, I purchased a new Ford F150 pickup truck. In December 2007, 3 times in one day I depressed the brake pedal and the truck accelerated for no apparent reason. I ran a stop sign, but luckily did not hit anything. I immediately returned the truck to the dealership, but the service department could find nothing wrong. I continued to drive the truck with no problems until January 2008, when again 3 times in one day, I depressed the brake pedal and the truck accelerated. Again, I ran a stop sign, but did not hit anything. No warning lights came on. One time I put the truck in neutral and watched the tachometer go up to 4000 rpms as the engine revved. I am absolutely certain I did not have my foot accidentally on the accelerator pedal for any of these incidences. I returned the truck to the dealership where the service department could find nothing wrong. They installed a "black box recording device" and drove the truck for 3 days, but still could find nothing wrong.

- Downingtown, PA, USA