2007 Ford F-150 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 162016

F-150

My brake light indicator on the dashboard is coming on. This seems to be do to the fact that the resistors were not sodered correctly. I've been looking on multiple forms and this has happened to a lot of the F150's. Ford should be responsible for thsi.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Nov 022015

F-150

Power windows, radio, wire harness improper design causing shortage in the harness. Potential safety harness due to this manufacturing defect.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jan 282016

F-150

Driving along, about 35mph, stopped vehicle at traffic light, engine started revving, placed both feet on brake, tried shifting to neutral, problem got worse (revved higher), light turned green, let go of brake, engine revved and vehicle went to 45mph without accelerating, applied brake, pulled over, shut off engine, restarted engine, still revving, pulled back on gas pedal with foot, engine rpms finally dropped to normal, inspected floor area -found no obstructions nor debris in pedal. Also concerned that this may have happened once before about 2 years ago, when I was involved in an accident.

- Warwick, RI, USA

Sep 222015

F-150

I have had several electrical failures on this vehicle after buying it new in October 2007, in October 2009 the cigarette lighter stopped working was repaired and again months later stopped working. The windows stopped working a total of six times with three of those being this year. I have taken my car in to be repaired a total of three times this year alone and the last time, about four or five weeks ago I instructed the worker to just let the windows up and disconnect them after being told that I needed a complete new wiring harness which were no longer available. I was told that the wiring was brittle and that this was a common problem with the F 150. I feel that this could pose a danger in an emergency escape situation as well as other problems. This problem also involve the electronic locking system which is a great safety hazard, I can get no real response from Ford.

- Lancaster, TX, USA

Sep 012015

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. While driving 55 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the cam phasers failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 132,000.

- Andover , MN, USA

Oct 122014

F-150

Vehicle has stopped running going down the road several times. It does this unexpectedly, and I let it coast to the shoulder and it cranks up. I drove it to the local dealer, and they could not find a problem. It now sits in my driveway, because it is unsafe to drive it in traffic. I never intend to buy another Ford.

- Keysville, GA, USA

Feb 122015

F-150

The engine was replaced in 2012 with 53,000 miles on the truck due to a significant knocking coming from the engine. The truck was still under warranty so it cost me nothing to replace. The engine started to make the same sound in Feb 2015 (84,000 miles on the truck, 30,000 miles on the engine). I had it taken to an auto mech and they told me one of the spark plugs ejected from the engine and ripped all the threading out. They also found that on E of the cylinders broke off the crank shaft and ceased. The engine has to be replaced again and the truck is no longer under warranty. Both the original dealership that replaced the engine and the auto mech that I had the truck taken to, are researching if the parts are still under warranty.

- Bonney Lake , WA, USA

Apr 162015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Went to have truck tuned up--mechanic would not even touch spark plugs because they break off and the entire head has to be removed for repair. Told us tune up would be very expensive and if they broke it would be even high. From what I was told if spark plug is bad it can result in failure of catalytic convert and result in a car fire. Will it take a death before Ford does a recall how do consumers maintain a vehicle when and authorized mechanic will not do the work.

- Olney, IL, USA

Apr 082015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Broken wires in the wiring harness going to the driver's door. Causes automatic windows to not be able to roll down, radio does not turn off when key is off and door is open, keyless entry keypad doesn't work, folding mirrors do not work.

- Bountiful , UT, USA

Mar 112015

F-150

Power windows stopped working entirely. At all switches. No power to them. Wires in door jam for power windows rubbed till they broke. Leaving no power to any window at any switch. Cost $ $370 for Ford to diagnose and fix broken wires right where mechanic knew they were broke before looking.. this is a recurring problem in these trucks and Ford should own up to it and fix them free of charge. I have always owned Ford but after this episode with the dealership. Not to happy......checked internet. Many reports of this exactly as it happened and in same area of vehicle..have seen many complaints same problem, same fix, same place, similar costs to customer...not right. Ford is fully aware of this and doesn't care. Could have caused a fire. Had a burnt smell.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 052014

F-150

Over the past seven years I have a few incidents were when I put the truck in reverse, it actually rolled forward before I slammed on brakes; stopped; put gear shift in park; moved to reverse and went on. But I always had to completely stop and park. It doesn't happen often - in seven years, perhaps 8 or 9 times. This past Friday was the worst, but I was facing down in my mother's drive-way. But still...I checked for a recall and found none. Just fyi..

- Jefferson City, TN, USA

Jul 042014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Repeated failure 2007 Ford F150 ignition coil.have replaced 3 ignition coil assembly's in my Ford F150. One in "2011" and 2 in 2014. ( do not remember the exact date of first, was about 2011 ) searched the net and read time after time Ford F150 owners with the same issue. Seems Ford must know about issue, but not fixed or recalled. My 2014 ignition coil repair cost $94 each one plus labor. ( X3 so far ) this year, I wanted 3 months with the ignition coil issue to get the time and money to have Ford fix.

- Pine Hill, NJ, USA

Aug 212014

F-150 8-cyl

I was driving down the road and I heard a loud popping noise so I pulled off on the side of the road and turned the truck off. I then saw smoke like the engine had overheated but in a matter of seconds flames ignited and I quickly got out of the vehicle and called 911. As I was speaking to the dispatcher there was a loud explosion and the whole front of my truck was engulfed in flames. By the time the fire department arrived and put out the fire my hood was totally burned up the engine is burned up and melted and the windshield and driver's side window blew out and the dash and front interior is burned and melted. I am lucky that I was able to get out in time because it happened so quickly. I am also glad my 10 month old son was not with me on this day.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

May 012012

F-150

Electrical wiring on the frame under drivers door wires are corroding. Many of the 2007 Ford F150 has under lay wires going to the fuel take to the computer under the hood.

- Hansen, ID, USA

Apr 282014

F-150 8-cyl

Driving on a 2 lane road coming up to a red light, truck shut off completely, could not restart, had to call for tow truck, sitting on roadway at a 3 way rush hour intersection for half hour waiting for tow. Repair cost $350 dollars. Plus $100 dollars towing.

- Adamstown, MD, USA

Dec 292012

F-150

First why was" this vehicle included in the recall of bad throttle body I had the same problem as people are having with the Ford escape. I reported this back in 2012 when it was brought to the attention of the NHTSA I did not receive a response then but there are the same problems with the F-150 I had to replace mine @ a cost of over $600 and also damaged my alternator I was driving in traffic when it went in limp home mode showing a wrench symbol with lost of power and acceleration, I almost was hit by several vehicles as there was know where to pull over time. This is the same throttle body that comes on the Ford escape and it should be included with that group of recalls.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Jan 062014

F-150 8-cyl

I was accelerating from a stop and vehicle shut off. I am 8mths pregnant and was stuck on the side of the road for over a 1/2 hour in -45 degree weather waiting for tow truck, because vehicle would not start. Mechanic looked at vehicle and found #9 fuse for fuel pump blown. Fuse replaced, and vehicle ran for 30seconds and electrical plug to driver control module began to smoke and melt. Driver control module and electrical plug replaced, and vehicle runs. I would have like to have been notified by Ford to avoid my stranded experience in -45 degree weather. This was a huge safety risk and it can be avoided. Ford should have located this device near the fuse box or under hood by fire wall plenty of room and same amount of wire.

- Omro, WI, USA

Dec 222012

F-150 8-cyl

I was driving down the street about a 1/2 mile from my destination when all of a sudden a wrench signal came on, my dash. My truck stop pulling while I was in traffic and unable to excel I had to pull over quickly to avoid getting rear ended I limped with no excel to destination where I call Ford to pick it up.after going to pick it up I was surprised to find out that my warranty did not cover my part which was over $600 I mean me and my spouse could have been hurt severely because of this is a issue Ford need to address. I found out it was the throttle body.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Feb 052012

F-150

While driving truck it shut off suddenly without and warning, driver fuel pump control module. This unit is located in an area that is highly corrosive and has no protection against the elements. When this part failed I was driving in a parking lot at a low speed however I was told it can happen any time at all. Once this part goes the vehicle is totally inop. I had to have the truck towed in to the dealer and the part replaced at a cost of $356 labor $125 parts. I was also told I was lucky it took this long and had better plan on doing it again in the near future as it is a common issue with all Ford trucks. Ford redesigned the part but the service manager told me it will happen again as it is only nickel coated and offers no protection from the elements.

- Sodus, NY, USA

Jul 152011

F-150 8-cyl

My wife and baby were traveling down the 405 freeway at 70mph when out of no where the trucks dashboard lit up and the truck completely shut down in the fast lane. The gas pedal did nothing and there was no way out of the fast lane safely. I normally wouldn't file a complaint except in this situation we had just purchased this "certified" used vehicle, it put my family in extreme danger, and the service consultant at Ford had indicated to me that this was a common problem with the F150 model. I was informed that it was the electronic throttle body or electronic throttle sensor that had gone out and that the service consultant had seen it on Ford F150 trucks ranging from brand new to older models.

- Long Beach, CA, USA