2007 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 292008

F-150

My 2007 Ford 150 has 46,000 miles on it. I was moving it in the drive way at a very slow speed and all of a sudden it accelerated and the more I tried to step on the brake the faster it went. Very scary! I think what is more scary is there are several other people that have this complained. I am taking it to the shop this week but the more I read the more I am convinced they will not find anything.

- Mount Airy, MD, USA

Jul 232008

F-150

My 2007 Ford F150 has a severe safety flaw. Four times so far, between March 2008 and July 2008, the vehicle has accellerated on its own when braking to stop. The truck will slow to about 10 mph then suddenly on its own the engine revs to 2000 rpms and the truck surges forward. The only way to stop it is to throw it into neutral. This almost caused several accidents. Two separate Ford dealers worked on this problem but both found nothing wrong even though the problem continues. I E-mailed Ford on 7/23/2008 but they have not yet replied.

- Irving, NY, USA

Jul 032008

F-150

Drove vehicle to work and parked it, when leaving work, opened door of vehicle and there was smoke and flames coming from the vent in dashboard. Vehicle had been idle 7 hours.

- Avenue, MD, USA

Feb 272008

F-150 8-cyl

2/26/08 sudden acceleration at stop light - lurched forward almost hit vehicle turning left in front of me. Took to dealership....dealer could find nothing but replaced fuel throttle body. The next day, I picked up the vehicle, drove <30 miles and it happened again while at full stop - hit vehicle in front of me...3 injuries. The occupants in the vehicle the consumer hit were injured. Updated 07/22/08 updated 03/08/10 the consumer no longers owns the vehicle. Updated 04/07/10. The cosumer received a denial letter from Ford, stating they would not provide any assitance. Updated 05/04/10.

- Baldwinsville, NY, USA

Oct 032007

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. Two hours after the vehicle had been driven, it caught fire under the hood. The vehicle was included in recall number 05S28 for the vehicle speed control. Ford stated that a recall letter was sent to the contact; however, the contact disagreed. The current and failure mileages were 195,000. *updated 12/12/2007 cleveland fire report. Updated 12/12/07

- Cleveland, TX, USA

Jun 152007

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

I experienced several scary instances of unexpected acceleration with my new F150. 1) after driving ~25 miles, and driving in downtown traffic, the truck attempted to accelerate while stopped. The truck revved up and lunged forward while people were walking in front of truck. I was forced to press the brake very hard. The people walking were frightened. 2) while moving the truck in the driveway, it accelerated quickly, I slammed on the brakes, skidding several feet. 3) had several other instances. When I explained to dealer, the senior salesman told me I must have had my foot on the accelerator. This was not the case. There was no concern by the dealer to check this out.

- Baldwinsville, NY, USA

Jul 042007

F-150 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the vehicle accelerated from 0 to approximately 25 mph without warning, while the brake pedal was depressed. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The current mileage was 3,000 and failure mileage was 2,800. Updated 02-01-08

- Hayden, AL, USA

Jul 132007

F-150

2007 Ford F150 - unwanted acceleration: We have had this vehicle for less than a month and have had three instances of unwanted acceleration. While backing out of the driveway and braking for entering the roadway, the vehicle suddenly started revving very high; to stop this we had to put the vehicle in park. All three times we've experienced this unwanted acceleration has been in different scenarios.

- Midlothian, TX, USA

Jun 102007

F-150 8-cyl

I filled the truck up with gas and it is still showing empty?. 4 times the truck has "revved" without touching the pedal(in or out of gear)?.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 022007

F-150 8-cyl

Our 2007 Ford F150, which we owned for 2 months, caught fire and was completely destroyed.

- Severn, MD, USA

Mar 202007

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. While shifting the gear into reverse the vehicle accelerated backwards at full speed. The contact's vehicle struck another vehicle. When the contact shifted the gear into drive the vehicle continued to accelerate in reverse. The vehicle shut off moments after the gear was shifted into drive. Once the engine stopped the vehicle was able to accelerate forward. The contact's insurance agencywas currently in possession of the vehicle for further investigation. The failure mileage was 2,968.

- Oakhill, WV, USA

Feb 022007

F-150

Within a week of purchasing our 2007 Ford 150 truck, we started having a problem with vehicle suddenly lunging forward whenever the vehicle was idling in drive while stopped (for red light, in turn lane, at pedestrian crossing, etc.). this sometimes occurred when the driver still had a foot on the brake, other times just as foot lifted from the brake, but always without driver touching the accelerator. Incidents happened at least 6 times in one month and not consistently, which caught driver off guard even more. During one incident, a pedestrian was almost hit as she crossed the street at least several feet away from front of vehicle. Incidents occurred randomly at least 6 different times throughout the month of February.

- Georgetown, DE, USA