2007 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 222012

F-150 8-cyl

I was driving down the street about a 1/2 mile from my destination when all of a sudden a wrench signal came on, my dash. My truck stop pulling while I was in traffic and unable to excel I had to pull over quickly to avoid getting rear ended I limped with no excel to destination where I call Ford to pick it up.after going to pick it up I was surprised to find out that my warranty did not cover my part which was over $600 I mean me and my spouse could have been hurt severely because of this is a issue Ford need to address. I found out it was the throttle body.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Mar 192013

F-150

My truck accelerated on it's own while hitting the brake, I thought it might be my new mat so I removed it and it happened again. Not sure if I hit the gas pedal at the same time as the brake? I have never had this happen in all the years I drove Ford or GMC. Your form would be easier if you could just type in info and boy I wish these programs would get rid of the state box and let us type it in.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 252013

F-150 8-cyl

While slowing down to stop the engine revved and the truck accelerated. We were out of town and within a short while the same thing happened 4 times. Now 2 more times. The dealer said it might be the throttle control box but he could do a 75 dollar diagnostic too. I declined. This has happened before but not as bad, I thought my foot hit the gas pedal which is definitely not the case.

- Toccoa, GA, USA

Mar 112013

F-150 8-cyl

I decelerated and turned a corner onto a two way street. I thought I had hit ice as my 2007 F150 truck accelerated and swerved into the other lane. My foot was on the brake and my tires were screeching as I landed on a snowbank on the other side of the highway. I had to apply heavy pressure to the brake to stop! it was not human error nor ice! very recently the speed control had stopped working on the vehicle.

- Chaska, MN, USA

Aug 112010

F-150 8-cyl

After replacing the front brake rotors and brake pads during 8/07/10 - 8/10/10 to try and alleviate a problem with the brake pedal traveling past the accelerator when braking (normal braking), I had to return to the dealership with the same problem. It is a safety issue as I cannot allow anyone else to drive the truck who is not familiar with the problem. The dealership kept the vehicle from 8/11/10 through 8/25/10 with the service manager driving it every day to and from work to see if the problem could be replicated. The service manager said he noticed the same problem with the brake pedal going past the accelerator with normal braking; however, did not happen everytime. I agreed with that. After the service manager called the factory representative to discuss the problem, the factory representative said there is not a known problem and the braking system was within specifications. I was told by my dealership that Ford does not recognize the problem and they could not resolve the issue for me. It appears to be a design problem, as I drove several 2007 and 2008 F-150's that the dealership had on the lot. Each one of them had the problem I noted above. The 2009 F-150 does not have the braking problem I found out when I test drove one. The service manager at my dealership told me that the entire braking system was re-designed for the 2009 model year.

- Rossville, IN, USA

Dec 072012

F-150 8-cyl

I was stopping and about to park into a parking stall. As I was applying my brake, the vehicle suddenly accelerated. It jumped a curb, crossed a landscape island, took down shrubs, then stopped on the other side. It happened few other times, but not to this extend. Other times I thought I may have accidentally pressed on the gas pedal, and did not pay too much attention. One other time it happened, it was raining when I thought perhaps it was the rain that caused it.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Apr 152012

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle began to decelerate independently. The vehicle increased acceleration after continually applying the accelerator pedal. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 83,000.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Nov 032012

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph with the cruise control activated, the cruise control system suddenly stopped functioning with the illumination of the wrench warning icon. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis where it appeared that the power steering bearing failed and the serpentine belt became detached from the vehicle. As a result, the serpentine belt erroneously came into contact with the engine temperature sending unit and fractured the wires from the sensor, struck the clutch fan and was destroyed. The failure caused all of the plugs and wires to be exposed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where the sensor unit, power steering pump, clutch fan and all associated parts were replaced. The manufacturer was notified and lodged a complaint. The failure and current mileage was 57,319.... updated 12/26/12

- Milledgeville, IL, USA

Nov 112008

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that when the brake was depressed, the engine rpms would increase abnormally, causing the vehicle to rapidly accelerate. The contact had to apply abrupt pressure to the brakes and shift into neutral in order to stop the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, the technicians were unable to diagnose the failure. The failure mileage was 10,000 and the current mileage was 21,000. Updated 10/11/12 updated 10/17/2012

- Hazen, ND, USA

May 192012

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F150. The contact stated that while sitting at a traffic stop, the rpms increased excessively. The vehicle was put into park, turned off and once restarted the vehicle hesitated before resuming normal function. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who inspected the failure but could not locate the problem. The manufacturer was notified of the issue who advised the contact that there were no recalls and offered no further assistance. The failure mileage was 12,750.

- Salem, WI, USA

Jun 102009

F-150 8-cyl

I read an article in the newspaper about an investigation you are doing on Ford Taurus and Sable vehicles in the 2001 to 2006 model years for accelerating on their own. I purchased my truck in February of 2009 used and, in the three years I have owned it, it has done the same thing on four seperate occasions. I had it checked out by the local Ford dealer in my home town and they could find nothing wrong with it. Nothing showed up on their electronic equipment. The first time it happened, I was unhooking my travel trailer and put it in drive to pull away and it surged forward in my driveway. The second time, I was in a crowded parking lot and it surged forward while I was trying to park. The third time, I was pulling out of my driveway. The fourth time, I was pulling into an automated car wash and nearly ran past the attendants and nearly crashed into the equipment. Each time I was able to shift it into neutral and turn the engine off. It revs up so much that I can't hold it with the brake. I think this sounds like what you are investigating on the other vehicles and it may be happening in a wider range of Ford vehicles. I would love not having to worry about when it will happen next.

- Gladwin, MI, USA

Jul 012010

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while stopped, there was an increase in the engine rpms. The failure had since recurred on two occasions. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and they were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 30,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Jul 152011

F-150 8-cyl

My wife and baby were traveling down the 405 freeway at 70mph when out of no where the trucks dashboard lit up and the truck completely shut down in the fast lane. The gas pedal did nothing and there was no way out of the fast lane safely. I normally wouldn't file a complaint except in this situation we had just purchased this "certified" used vehicle, it put my family in extreme danger, and the service consultant at Ford had indicated to me that this was a common problem with the F150 model. I was informed that it was the electronic throttle body or electronic throttle sensor that had gone out and that the service consultant had seen it on Ford F150 trucks ranging from brand new to older models.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Aug 042011

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact was driving 70 mph when the vehicle accelerated without warning. The contact applied the brakes and the vehicle begin to jerk. The contact was able to stop the vehicle and shut off the engine. The vehicle was restarted than proceeded without further incident. The contact was concerned that the failure could potentially lead to a major crash and believed the vehicle was unsafe to drive. The failure mileage was 89,000.

- Greenville, MS, USA

May 202011

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

My F150 with about 45000 miles has twice had an engine surge as I pulled to stop with my foot on the brake. It basically revs to about 4500 RPM for about 3 seconds. I brought it into the dealer twice. The first time the charged me about $140 to reset my computer chip. The second time I brought it in and they said there were no recalls and basically I should pay 300+ and replace the throttle body. I'm certain there is a defective chip of some sort so replacing a mechanical device will not solve the problem. I'm glad I read these bulletins because I know this should be a major recall. I am saving this email in case I damage property or run someone over at an intersection or parking lot. Please respond to me to let me know what it will take for a recall to occur. It does scare me to drive my truck! the first time I ended up in the intersection and the second, I almost hit the car in front.

- Lihue, HI, USA

Jan 172011

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that when attempting to decelerate, the vehicle would abnormally accelerate intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where she was advised that the vehicle would have to remain with the dealer until they were able to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 45,000.

- Elsa , TX, USA

Dec 212010

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact was shifting from park to reverse when the vehicle abnormally accelerated in reverse until heavy pressure was applied to the brake pedal. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed. Approximately four days later, the failure recurred while decelerating from approximately 5 mph. The contact was unable to stop the unintended acceleration by applying the brakes and was involved in a crash. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer where they were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was repaired for the body damages. The failure and current mileage was 55,000.

- Islamorada, FL, USA

Dec 202010

F-150

My wife was driving her 2007 F150 crew cab with 33,000 miles. She was approaching a stop sign and the engine revved vary high and she could not stop for the intersection. Fortunately there was no oncoming traffic as she shot straight through the intersection before she got the vehicle under control. She was scared to death. I called the Ford dealer and they say they never heard of the problem! I told them to do an internet search and they will see thousands of documented cases but I've yet to see a solution posted.

- Bloomville, OH, USA

Oct 262010

F-150 8-cyl

I bought a new 2007 Ford F150 in 2007. It is now 2010 with 44K miles. I have had multiple issues since I purchased it with the emer. Brake, tires and front end popping, but today was the worst! I was driving approx 50 mph took my foot off the gas and my truck began accelerating! I started braking and it failed to slow down as it approached 60mph. I put both feet on the brake practically standing on it using the steering wheel for leverage and it did finally slow to almost a stop but the engine was revving very loud and you could feel the truck pulling forward as I had the brake to the floor. I had to start cutting the steering wheel to the left to keep from hitting a car in front of me at the stop light. I finally in panic mode kept my feet on the brake, engine revving the whole time and shifted into park. It finally stopped and the engine slowed. I was scared to put it back into drive. I did however put it in drive and slowly started moving forward as a policeman behind me blue lighted me to pull over. I was relieved to see him thinking he had witnessed the event and was going to help. I was physically shaking and my 7 year old was crying very scared asking me, "mommy why did our truck not stop and sound like a race car"" I asked the policeman did you see what happened" he said, "yes mam I saw you trying to stop but that isn't why I pulled you, I clocked you going 60 in a 45 approaching the light." I tried to explain to him what happened. He did see how the truck didn't want to stop but had to ticket me never the less because of the acceleration. I just got home and started looking online to see if there is a recall and found that there are 148 other complaints about this issue with no recall or explanation from Ford! I am taking my truck tomorrow to the shop to have it checked and the computer scanned for any error codes! we could have been killed or killed someone else! please don't wait like Toyota until someone dies to fix this problem! please help!

- Clayton, NC, USA

Jun 072010

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F150. The contact stated that the cruise control was set at 65 mph and would not deactivate when the brake was depressed. The contact stated that the failure occurred several times and the contact had come close to crashing on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer numerous times for the failure. The dealer was unable to diagnose or duplicate the failure. The vehicle was taken to a local repair facility where the contact was advised that the failure could have been caused by a vacuum leak. The manufacturer was contacted and advised the contact that the vehicle could be traded. The failure mileage was 4,000 and the current mileage was 12,500.

- Fordland , MO, USA