2007 Ford F-150 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 132016

Takata recall.engine has very bad power loss and shakes vigouresly when warm and pulling up to stop or reverse.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Feb 252016

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. While traveling approximately 40 mph, the contact smelled fuel inside the vehicle. The dealer was notified, but the vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Mandeville, LA, USA

Jan 282016

Driving along, about 35mph, stopped vehicle at traffic light, engine started revving, placed both feet on brake, tried shifting to neutral, problem got worse (revved higher), light turned green, let go of brake, engine revved and vehicle went to 45mph without accelerating, applied brake, pulled over, shut off engine, restarted engine, still revving, pulled back on gas pedal with foot, engine rpms finally dropped to normal, inspected floor area -found no obstructions nor debris in pedal. Also concerned that this may have happened once before about 2 years ago, when I was involved in an accident.

- Warwick, RI, USA

Jun 302015

While accelerating to enter the highway a loud pop sound was heard and the engine lost power. I had enough speed to make the break-down lane. The sound was coming from the #3 cylinder on the right side of the motor. 4.6L V8. These were factory plugs and the vehicle is maintained every 3000-5000 miles.

- Derry, NH, USA

May 302015

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. While parked, the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the technician stated that the fuel driver module was corroded and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000. MA 08/14/15

- Steuben, WI, USA

May 312015

Upon speeding up from a stop the vehicle stuttered and stalled. I coasted to a parking lot and tried to restart. The engine would crank but no attempt to start. After several tries I stopped. Upon checking internet for problems discovered many complaints about the fuel pump driver module rusting and failing suddenly. I checked module and it was rusted through. I replaced module and truck now runs fine. I noticed that the mounting bolts have changed allowing space between module and cross member. Obviously this is an issue as the part mount has changed. If this sudden failure would have occurred at high speed serious problems may have resulted. This is a Ford issue in design that should be addressed and fixed by Ford.

- Franklin, OH, USA

Jan 262015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

While driving on a New York interstate at approximately 60 mph in a snow storm, my truck started to miss. It then slowed down and shut off. I did not have enough time to make it to the side of the road. A truck stopped and I had him push my truck to the side of the road, causing me to have damage to my truck. Found out that the fuel pump driver module failed. It is located above the spare tire and due to a design error, water and road salt get trapped between module and mounting brace. It erodes out from the bottom side and the mounting bracket. When replaced, was informed that it is a redesigned component, lifting it away from mounting bracket. If I had not had enough room between me and the tractor trailer traveling behind me, or if I had another vehicle traveling next to me, it could be a total different outcome. I know for a fact, that part component is extended in states where there is a high risk of salt corrosion, and believe that a safety issue like this should be one of them. Sitting on a highway in a snow storm is always dangerous.

- Sinking Spring, PA, USA

Jan 252015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Truck wouldn't start. Had to be towed to dealer. Problem was corroded fuel pump driver module. New part cost $195.07 and labor was $285. Going on line to see what was done, the labor charges seem very excessive! this issue looks to be very widespread and should be a recall by Ford.

- Kentwood, MI, USA

Oct 122014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The fuel pump driver module design is terrible on these trucks. Luck for my family we were in town going slow when this unit shorted out. If we would have been at highway speeds who knows what could have happened. This could have been a very grave and dangerous situation. From reading on the internet there is a serious problem with this part.

- Winona, MN, USA

Jun 012014

As I accelerate and hit the passing gear the truck spits and sputters. If I back off it runs fine.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Aug 122014

I was driving down the highway and as I was making a right hand turn my motor turned off. I had no steering and little brakes to get me off the road. I took the truck to my mechanic and he told me the fuel module was cracked. This is common on F150's and I feel Ford should have a recall on this before someone gets hurt. Thanks

- Hazleton, PA, USA

Aug 082014

F-150 8-cyl

Noticed severe gas fumes inside cab, as well as outside cab. Raise hood, started engine and noticed fuel leak about the size of a pencil streaming out from hose that is attached to fuel rail. Removed fuel rail the next day and found a split in the hose under the cloth protective outer lining. Is there a recall for this particular failure. ?. this could have been a serious situation if it would have been a longer distance road trip. Failure P/N 5C3Z97F792da fuel rail.

- Mulberry, FL, USA

Feb 232008

F-150 8-cyl

I have Ford 35.6 gallon tank, however the sensor keeps resetting to 28 gallons for a normal gas reading. I have had it replaced 3 times now and Ford says the sensor is the same thing with a switch that no longer works, the refuse to repair the gas sensor and I never have any idea how much gas I have in my tank. It often changes mid drive from a 3/4 tank to just above half a tank and is not steady. It won't register accurately. The dealership notified the engineers and they said that they don't care and won't come out and fix it but its a known issue. Causing me to be left on the side of the road with what I thought was gas, but turned out was an empty tank.

- Bothell, WA, USA

Apr 012014

F-150 8-cyl

Vehicle quit running while driving, left on the side of the ride in very cold weather, the fuel control module was so corroded and broke off frame cause vehicle's engine not to run. There should be a safety recall on these modules. My truck is in very good condition and you should see how bad of condition the module looks.. looks like it was in acid and completely dissolved the back panel.

- Conneautville, PA, USA

Mar 232014

The truck has been running rough and stalling out at random. This happens while driving, while at the car wash and while, sitting at the stop light, but everytime it has been wet outside. Taken truck to Ford dealership, and had lots of work done, new plugs, coilpacks, injector service, and throtlebody cleaning done with no improvement. Brought issue to a friend and to one look at the fuel control module under the rear axel and it was split wide open, bad enough the circuit board was just hanging out. When issue was brought to local Ford dealer, the parts guy just had a laugh and said they do at least three a week. "I didn't find it that funny" a control box with a aluminum back plate on a steel axel with no buffer, is just bad design and should be recalled.

- Tinley Park , IL, USA

Mar 132014

Engine quit running while driving at 40mph on a country road. No shoulder on this road so had to leave it sit in the road while I waited for a tow truck. Took it to local Ford dealer and the problem was a corroded fuel pump module. $125 for the tow and $350 to fix the truck. Not a very good day.

- Rubicon, WI, USA

Dec 292012

First why was" this vehicle included in the recall of bad throttle body I had the same problem as people are having with the Ford escape. I reported this back in 2012 when it was brought to the attention of the NHTSA I did not receive a response then but there are the same problems with the F-150 I had to replace mine @ a cost of over $600 and also damaged my alternator I was driving in traffic when it went in limp home mode showing a wrench symbol with lost of power and acceleration, I almost was hit by several vehicles as there was know where to pull over time. This is the same throttle body that comes on the Ford escape and it should be included with that group of recalls.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Jan 292014

The truck suddenly stalled. Unable to be restarted. After being towed home, I found the fuel pump module corroded completely through the back side. The aluminum back housing was deteriorating bad enough that it crumbled apart as I was removing it. My wife and children were in this vehicle when it stopped. It was 5 degrees outside and not safe to walk any distance for help especially on our secondary roads. This part is an engineering failure. The aluminum does not mate with the steel on the truck frame. I have found several complaints as to this part and no investigation. This could have been life threatening to my family. The cold, no heat, and small children add up to problems. A vehicle owner should not have to worry about an electrical issue like this especially when it could be rectified by changing the material it is made of. Please for the sake of the many families driving this common truck, make the company own up to the failure of this part before it is responsible for injuring somebody or worse yet a child or infant.

- Slippery Rock, PA, USA

Dec 282013

F-150 8-cyl

I started my truck after washing it, it was running rough so I shut it off and tried to restart it and it would not start. After having it towed to a repair garage the technician discovered the fuel module was bad, and had to be replaced it. After looking on line I found out that this is a common problem with these trucks from 2004-2008 models. Sounds like a poor design.

- N. Huntingdon , PA, USA

Jun 122013

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F150. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who stated that the fuel pump driver module had to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 47,000. The current mileage was 53,000. Updated 11/30/13

- Ridgway, PA, USA