2007 Ford F-150 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 312007

F-150 8-cyl

I have a 2007 Ford F150. On my key ring, I also have a GM key. On three occasions, when I have inserted my F150 key, the GM key has wedged itself between the steering wheel and the steering column. The F150 still starts and I can put it in gear and move it. However, the engine unexpectedly turns itself off and the steering wheel locks. After stopping the vehicle, I've realized that the GM key was lodged in between the steering wheel and steering column. This has happened in my driveway three times at speeds less than 3 mph. It has happened both while going forward and in reverse.

- Brandon, FL, USA