2007 Ford F-150 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jan 012008

F-150

I had filed a complaint #10229285 and nothing has be resolved to date I read others have had similar complaints and all related to Ford.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Apr 062008

F-150

2007 Ford F150 was leased from enterprise leasing on March 31, 2008 at gainesville, Florida. The tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) showed low tire pressure at time of lease delivery. Agent for enterprise had tires inflated at time of lease delivery. Was informed by enterprise that tires and air pressure were fine. On April 6, 2008 (6 days later), the vehicle hydroplaned going 55 mph in 55 mph zone on straight, level roadway and crashed almost killing complainant and wife. Discovered uneven tread on tires and defective tire valve stem on front passenger side tire.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Nov 112008

F-150

I had 3-flat tires within 2-months and after carefully examining the tires myself, I found out the valve stems are cracking. The dealer actually admitted they have "seen a few of these", and after I showed them mine they admitted they were cracked. I had to spend 5-hours arguing with them before they agreed to replace the faulty valve stems for free. In the past two months I have had 3-flat tires. I just had one on Nov. 11th, and the reason was a cracked valve stem allowing air to release from the tire. Fortunately I noticed this before an accident occurred.

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Nov 032008

F-150

Valve stem failure. There were actually 2 failures in two weeks, the first one being on Oct. 20th, 2008. Came out of the house and the tire was flat. There was no sensor light on previous to the flat tire. On inspection at the tire dealer it was determined that it was a faulty valve stem, which was then replaced and that tire was fine. Second incident on date recorded below I was exiting the freeway, the tire went totally flat and the sensor light came on simultaneously. By the time I could pull over onto a side road the tire was destroyed and the valve stem was missing. Took truck to dealership, where they found another valve stem ready to fail.

- South Lyon, MI, USA

Nov 012008

F-150

I just want to report that on my 2007 Ford F-150 pickup I have had three valve stems break causing flat tires. I am 56 years old and don't think I have ever had a valve stem break like this, much less 3. when I did an internet search on this problem it looked as if others were having the same problem because of faulty chinese made valves, I just thought I needed to report it, I felt this could be a dangerous situation.

- Belton, TX, USA

Oct 182008

F-150

On October 18, 2008, and while driving from collinsville, Oklahoma to wichia, Kansas to attend a wedding, the "low tire pressure" warning became lit (and was accompanied with an audible alarm). Upon arriving at the destination, it was noted that the rear passenger side tire was extremely low (approximately 10 psi). I went to the nearest convenience store and attempted to fill the tire (costing me 75 cents). I noted that the valve stem was leaking air as I filled the tire. Since I had a long return trip home, and it was late in the day, I drove next door to Firestone complete auto care at 2318 N. maize rd, wichita ks, ph: 316-773-2900, at 4:48 pm to have the valve stem replaced. They subsequently replaced the valve stem (total cost of $26.55) and I was back on the road an hour later at 5:49 pm.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Sep 012008

F-150

Tire valves issues on dynapro as hankook P235 70R17 1085 M+S radial tubless rh 0302953 jnh 2606. Leaking air. I am concern that the Ford F150 that I own that uses these tires can rollover and hurt or kill my family.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Aug 152008

F-150

I have a 2007 Ford F-150, I have replaced two valve stems in the last 3 months. I felt that this was very strange. If I didn`T have a warning light I would have probably wreck because the tire pressure drop quickly.

- Wetumpka, AL, USA

Jul 012008

F-150

I own a Ford -150 super crew and I bought it in may of 2007. Two months ago I had a valve stem blow out. I got it fixed. This past Tuesday. I had another valve stem blow out. I took it to a tire repair shop and the other two valve stems we're dry-rotted. I had them replace all three. I believe there is a serious problem with Ford putting on old valve stems. There is no way four valve stems should have dry rotted in 13 months.

- Anniston, AL, USA

Jan 072008

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The vehicle has hankook dynapro as tires, size P235/70R17S. The rear passenger side tire was replaced because it kept leaking air. Three hours after the tire was replaced, the contact had to take it back to be repaired. The three remaining tires have been repaired for the same leakage issue. The sensor light for the tires continuously illuminates. Speed was not a factor. The contact intends to take the vehicle to the dealer on March 30, 2008 for the fifth time concerning this failure. The current mileage was 17,000 and failure mileage was 15,000. Updated 06/17/08. It was determined that the valve stem was bad.

- Bedford, TX, USA