9.1

2008 Ford F-150 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-150:

2008 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Apr 282008

F-150

I think it a crime that Ford put towing weights on their web sites and in booklets and it is false. We bought Ford 150 in March so that we could tow our 32"'travel trailer that weighs 7,000 lbs. All documentation states it can pull 9,000 lbs. We have pulled our unit 3 times and everytime we pray that we make it to our destination and home safely. I would like to know who rates these vehicles towing capacity. Our new truck struggles and sways so bad. We have a sway bar too. I am going to go as far as I can to prevent any other poor sole from experiencing what we are experiencing. As the highway traffic safety I would be concerned about what is towing what out there. We have had no accident or deaths yet but I will be keeping copies of everything I send so if I do die pulling this trailer, I have advised my children to fight for other people. We pay alot of money a month just to tow this trailer and the darn truck won't tow it, but all documentation says it should. Maybe it is just us, but my husband is not a fearful person what so ever and towing this trailer does cause some fear.

- Howell, MI, USA