2008 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-150:

2008 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 212015

Sitting in my truck with the key turned or even on idle, the electronics on my dash(radio allumination, trip box, etc.) will be faded on one side or will be completely faded and I cant see the time, station, gas mileage, etc. From time to time when it does this, my cruise control figure wont show but after a while(10-30 minutes) it will pop up on the cluster. It doesnt matter if its cold out or hot out, idle, running or ignition switched off, it will be faded. Its becoming more of a common thing(daily).

- Mitchell, SD, USA

Mar 132012

F-150 8-cyl

2008 Ford F-150. Consumer writes in regards to throttle body system malfunction. The consumers wife was driving the vehicle, but when she hit the brake, the vehicle suddenly accelerated and crashed into a building.

- Corning, OH, USA

Dec 302013

F-150 8-cyl

I had problems with the throttle sticking and I put my OB11 on and isaid code P2104 and icalled and they say its a well know problem.if you don't know what to do I can see some one get hurt so I think it should be a recall.

- Bradner, OH, USA

Dec 212013

F-150 8-cyl

This has happened numerous times when braking the accelerator is also depressed at the same time. Causing the vehicle to continue to move unexpectedly. Today while pulling into our driveway this happened again and the vehicle went through the house pushing it off the foundation and causing damage to the vehicle. This is a design flaw the gas and brake pedal are to close together. This has also happened to my wife and she wears a size 6 shoe. Are there any recalls or class action suits that any one is aware of. Or does someone have to die before it matters. I have been on other web sites and find many owners of and \08 F150 have the same complaints.

- Gould City, MI, USA

Nov 152012

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-150. The contact stated while driving at various speeds the vehicle accelerated independently. The vehicle was taken to two independent mechanics for diagnosis and neither could find the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileage was 150,000.

- Monture, NC, USA

Jul 182012

F-150 8-cyl

05/31/2013 purchased used 06/29/2011 2008 Ford 150 mileage: 26,440 issue: Accelerator has stuck two times in town. 1st incident: 07/18/2012 mileage 32,000 driving in town with no cruise control being used. Preparing to turn at intersection, speed about 10 mph, when engine started to roar. First reflex was to press brake which caused the tires to squeal. Put in neutral which caused the engine to slow down to normal. 07/19/2012: Took to Ford dealer they stated with out the check engine light being on they could only guess as to what the cause may be. Have enclosed the work order. Invoice states cruise control sticks, but both incidents the cruise control was not being used. 2nd incident: 05/29/2013 mileage 40,260 slowing down for a red light in town, speed about 15 mph, engine started to roar, put in neutral, engine slowed down. My wife and daughter both drive this vehicle occasionally, I am afraid they might not get it into neutral soon enough to keep from causing injury to a person or anything in the path. 07/18/2012: Repair consisted of cruise control switch. With out the engine light being on, they just had to guess as to what repair to do.the shop manager said if it happened again they would just have to keep the vehicle and drive it to see if this problem would recur. This would cause us not to have use of the vehicle for possibly months. Vehicle functioned fine until 05/29/2013. If I were to return to the dealer, they again would have to make a guess as to the repair needed. Please make recommendations as to what I can do with this issue.

- Middle River, MN, USA

Mar 202013

F-150 8-cyl

Twice in the last two months my truck has suddenly accelerated when I pressed the brake pedal to stop. The first time I thought I had accidentally hit the accelerator at the same time as the brake; but it happened again and it was clearly a surge without touching the gas pedal. Both times were at low speeds and I was able to stop by pushing hard on the brake pedal. However, the engine was surging against the brakes. I looked up information on this problem and found that Ford did not have a brake pedal accelerator interrupter on this year's truck. I called my Ford dealer who said that no one had reported a similar problem to him and that there was not a tsb from Ford on this issue. When I asked if he could put a brake pedal interrupter on my truck, he said he didn't know if it was possible. He said he would find out and call me back, but never did.

- Mannington, WV, USA

May 032013

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 25 mph and depressing the brake pedal, the engine rpms increased excessively. The brake pedal began to pulsate and the contact crashed into another vehicle. The contact was able to come to a stop when he shifted the vehicle into park. The contact did not sustain any injuries. The vehicle was towed to a collision center. A police report was filed of the incident. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000.

- York, PA, USA

Aug 012009

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F150. The contact stated that the vehicle rpms increased excessively to 5,000 as the vehicle surged abnormally. The contact applied the brakes to stop the surging failure. The failure also recurred while the contact was sitting at a complete stop. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed but the dealer was unable to generate a failure code. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 5,000 and the current mileage was 7,760.

- Rancho Cucamonga , CA, USA

Sep 052012

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while attempting to stop, the vehicle suddenly accelerated. As a result, the vehicle crash into a stone wall. The driver sustained minor bruising and a police report was filed. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 98,000.

- Blackstone, MA, USA

Apr 022012

F-150 6-cyl

2008 Ford F-150. Consumer states acceleration issues with vehicle the consumer stated he began experiencing sudden acceleration problems in early April 2012. The first time it occurred, he was backing down a boat ramp, when all of a sudden, the vehicle accelerated. The consumer had the brake pedal all the way to the floor. Finally, he used the emergency brake to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for a an inspection. However, the dealer was unable T duplicate, the consumers concern. After leaving the dealership, driving at a very slow speed, he applied the brake, but the vehicle suddenly accelerated out of control and onto the interstate. The consumer stated he had the brake pedal to the floor, the engine was racing at high RPM's and at that point, he slammed the transmission into park. The consumer stated he has experienced sudden acceleration on several occasions.

- Smithville, TN, USA

Feb 252012

F-150 8-cyl

While backing up truck accelerated on its own, also did the same when stopped at a light.

- Elkton, MD, USA

Nov 152011

While driving on the interstate at 70 mph, the vehicle lost acceleration. The RPM's shot up, and truck would not accelerate. It was as if it had slipped into neutral. Had to pull over on side of highway, and turn the truck off. This seemed to reset the issue for the time being. Has happened several more times. Took it to two different dealerships. The first one cleaned the maf sensor. The second dealership flushed the tranny and reprogrammed the truck. None of these solutions have worked. It happened again this week with my two young children in the car. Was able to make it onto shoulder before an accident occurred. Have another appointment at dealership tomorrow morning. This is dangerous!

- Laporte, IN, USA

Jan 212012

It was about 6:00am when I started my truck up and drove to my mail box which was about 300ft from my carport. I had backed my truck under the carport to remove grocerys the day before, so I drove forward to the mail box and drove backwards to park my truck back under the carport, . I came to a complete stop and took my foot off the gas pedal and pressed the brake when the truck started spinning the tires as though the engine went to full trottle. I took of in reverse ran thru a two foot ditch, over my outside airconditioner unit and slammed into my brick home. I had applied the brake as hard as I could with no effect. Upon the impact with the house I turned the ignition switch off to stop the wheels from spinning. I could finally put it in park.

- Egan, LA, USA

Sep 012011

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the accelerator pedal became stuck in open throttle mode and the vehicle accelerated abnormally, causing the contact to crash into a pole. The vehicle was not inspected by the dealer or repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileages were 39,000.

- Wahiawa, HI, USA

Jul 162011

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Stop at gas station and turned truck off and entered store. Returned to truck and cranked. Put in drive drove around station to entrance of main highway. About 20 yards to stop sign to highway I was going about 5 mph and I lifted right foot off of gas pedal to apply brake. The truck slowly started to speed up. I applied the brake with one foot and the truck started to apply more gas until I had both feet on the brake and pushing as hard as possible and it was pushing me toward the highway in front of a oncoming car. The back tires started to spin. I put the truck in neutral the engine revved to around 6-1/2 RPM before I could turn the switch off. I sit there for about 30 seconds with engine off then restarted the truck and it was ok.. I have an appointment on 7/18/2011 with a Ford dealership to have the truck looked at. I have looked over your web site and there has been many other F 150 trucks with the same problem it seems as mine. I think you need to think about talking to Ford Motor Company about a possible recall. I have a 17 year old daughter that sometimes drives my truck and that was the first thing that I thought of. What if she had been driving when this happened, would she have reacted as fast as I did before being pushed out in front of the oncoming car.. just something to think about..

- Kernersville, NC, USA

Aug 122010

TL- the contact owns a 2008 Ford F-150. The contact stated the gas pedal gets stuck on the vehicle. The contact was pulling into a parking lot and the vehicle sudden started to accelerate. The contact had to press down on the brake and put the vehicle in neutral in order to the get the vehicle to stop. The contact stated the front wheels kept spinning even thou the brakes were pressed and the tires left skid marks. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and was told that they could not duplicate the failure. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 34,500.rl

- Johnstown , PA, USA

Dec 292010

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F150. The contact was sitting idle at a traffic stop with the brakes applied when the vehicle began to accelerate abnormally. The vehicle went from 0 to 100 mph while she was depressing the brakes. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and they were unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was approximately 25,000.

- San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA

Aug 312010

F-150 8-cyl

2008 Ford F150 pick up... twice within the last 2 months my truck unexpectedly accelerated when I was idling in reverse and my foot was on the brake pedal. I nearly hit an employee of mine the first time and yesterday the spontaneous acceleration caused significant damage to my motorhome. There were burn marks on the asphalt caused by me pressing on the brake so hard trying to get it to stop.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Mar 072010

I was applying the brake while traveling at 30 mph. As I braked, it was still accelerating even though the gas pedal was not being pressed down and it seemed it was going at fast rpms. The brake did slow the vehicle but not completely, and I had to shift to park then turn off the engine to stop the acceleration.

- Kerrville, TX, USA