2.3

2008 Ford F-150 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-150:

2008 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Mar 272016

F-150

Vehicle unexpectantly stalled while traveling 30 mph causing partial loss of control of steering and braking ability. I was able to pull vehicle to side of road. Failed to restart vehicle initially. After several attempts, vehicle restarted. Was able to drive to dealer one block away with several stalls, restarts. Check engine light was on. Lochen Ford in newburg, wi diagnosed a failed fuel driver module. Replaced at a cost of $350 on 3/29/16. After searching online, this is not an uncommon failure with this vehicle. Failure of part is due to accelerated corrosion of part itself due to poor design and mounting. Modifications have since been made to lessen the chance of failure. This is certainly of concern since stalling of the engine at all speeds is a safety issue. I suspect thousands, if not millions of these popular trucks are affected. This should be recalled by Ford, but to my knowledge, has not.

- West Bend, WI, USA

Feb 152016

F-150

Fuel pump driver module (fpdm) corrodes rapidly, breaks open, and shorts out causing the vehicle to shut off unexpectedly while driving.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Feb 012015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

I was driving my 2008 Ford F150 when the engine suddenly started severe jerking/missing and loss of power. It continued to get worse while vehicle was under load then eventually the engine stopped working and would not start. I was able to determine the issue was a loss of fuel pressure caused by a defective fuel pump driver located above the spare tire on a steel cross member. This part was severely corroded due to an engineering flaw reported by hundreds of F150 owners prior to this incident. This issue needs to be addressed by NHTSA with Ford and a recall initiated to replace this component with the improved part design now available.

- Lexington, OH, USA

Jan 142015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-150. The contact stated that there was a strong odor of fuel emitting through the vents. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 97,000....updated 03/31/15 the consumer stated the manufacturer refused to offer any assistance due to the vehicle being out of warranty. Updated 10/21/2015

- Port Saint Lucie , FL, USA

Jan 192015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Fuel pump driver corrosion cause truck to stall and not restart lucky I was in safe location or could have been a bad scean Ford should recall this part cause in states that use salt causes this problem does someone have to die before it gets fixed cause new ones have a spacers so they don't rust im sure this has been brought up many times thank you

- Newport, MN, USA

Dec 142014

F-150

On Sunday 12/14/14 at 7pm my 2008 Ford F-150 shut off when I was going 65 mph down the New York state thruway. I was stuck on the side of the road for hours waiting for it to be towed. Turns out the fuel pressure module (fpm) that is mounted in the back of the truck on a crossmeber of the frame up above the spare tire was the cause. Ford needs to recall these 2004-2008 Ford F-150 that use this fpm before someone gets killed on the side of the road!

- Montgomery, NY, USA

Mar 292014

F-150

Vehicle had intermittent starting issue and has left me stranded. After running a diagnostic check with a scanner received a P1233 code which is the fuel pump driver module offline. Component located underneath bolted to the frame.called and emailed spitzer Ford, local dealer, and they're unsure or acted like the never heard of the problem. Why is it that Ford North America is short handed of the fpdm?

- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA

Jan 182014

F-150 8-cyl

Front fuel tank strap failed while traveling 55 miles an hour causing front edge of the fuel tank to hit the pavement and be drug several hundred feet until the vehicle was able to get off the roadway. Upon failure of the strap, the metal hook dug a groove into the driveshaft.

- Mineral Wells, WV, USA

Dec 302013

F-150 8-cyl

I had problems with the throttle sticking and I put my OB11 on and isaid code P2104 and P2111.so icalled and they say its a well know problem.if you don't know what to do I can see some one get hurt so I think it should be a recall.

- Bradner, OH, USA

Dec 112013

F-150

Fuel pump driver module - faulty design in the mounting of the driver module causing parts to fail and causing no starts/loss of power(stales).

- Kent, WA, USA

Mar 202013

F-150 8-cyl

Twice in the last two months my truck has suddenly accelerated when I pressed the brake pedal to stop. The first time I thought I had accidentally hit the accelerator at the same time as the brake; but it happened again and it was clearly a surge without touching the gas pedal. Both times were at low speeds and I was able to stop by pushing hard on the brake pedal. However, the engine was surging against the brakes. I looked up information on this problem and found that Ford did not have a brake pedal accelerator interrupter on this year's truck. I called my Ford dealer who said that no one had reported a similar problem to him and that there was not a tsb from Ford on this issue. When I asked if he could put a brake pedal interrupter on my truck, he said he didn't know if it was possible. He said he would find out and call me back, but never did.

- Mannington, WV, USA

Nov 012012

F-150 8-cyl

I was driving in the city at a 20mph road and I made a left turn then accelerated and all of a sudden the truck stalled but kept going straight forward until it completely stopped. Thankfully I was headed towards the sidewalk and not to incoming traffic or I would have easily been in an accident. The engine light came on and when I checked it, it came up as the fuel level sensor. So I took the gas tank down and revised it but it seems to be in new shape with maybe a little play in the sensor so I bought a new one because I cant risk to get in an accident. On top of that I replaced the fuel control module that was corroded due to Ford lack of placement on a frame. Thankfully I wasn't injured or Ford would have never heard the last of me. These new trucks cant be trusted anymore with your life and all these cheap material parts.

- Kodiak, AK, USA

Aug 172011

F-150 8-cyl

At idle the engine knocks loudly vehicle stalls engine fails. Not able to drive. I have been told by Ford techs and dealership to replace engine.

- Greenland, NH, USA

May 222012

F-150 8-cyl

Truck would crank but would not start. Towed to Ford dealer and problem traced to corroded fuel pump driver module. Diagnose & repair $235.80. This part is located in an area that is subjected to road salt & other contaminates which case corrosion & failure.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA