7.2

2009 Ford F-150 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford F-150:

2009 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Mar 072009

F-150

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side headrests were not adjustable and constantly struck him in the back of the neck. The manufacturer stated that it was a new design for safety. The dealer stated if the contact felt so strongly that the headrest was such a problem to simply turn the headrest around. The contact however was concerned that his neck could be seriously injured due to the air bags in the event of a crash. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 10. The VIN was not available.

- Arlington , TX, USA

Jun 252012

F-150 8-cyl

While my truck was parked in my driveway, we had a very bad tropical storm come through, when I went to get in my truck I noticed that my back seat was wet and the back of my head lining was wet and had water spots on it. So I took my truck to the dealer thinking my rear window was leaking, but they told me that it was my third brake light and the seal around it was bad. So instead of it being covered under the trucks warranty they told me I would have to pay to get it fixed plus pay for my seats to be cleaned from the water damage. Because it is still raining I did not have no choice, but I think that if Ford have had all these complaints about the same problems happening to other vehicles, they should have a recall and be responsible for paying for the repairs and water damage caused by their manufacturing defect. We pay to much money for these vehicles to have to put with a company that knows they have a problem and want do nothing to fix it, but makes the customer suffers and pays the price for their neglect.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Apr 242010

F-150

No incident, an inquiry: Headrest on Ford 2009 F150 supercab truck is angled 54 degrees forward relative to the seat back. Driving with back against seat, head is pushed forward and down limiting head mobility and vision. With head on rest and back forward of the seat, concern is that airbag deployment would result in a severe snap of the head forward and down as back is pushed to the seat - is this a valid concern?

- Stinson Beach, CA, USA

Aug 102009

F-150

Seat cushions kept coming loose on both seats, my dealer said in Oct.2009 Ford has a fix but as of Feb.1,2010 my dealer still has no parts to fix. I took my new 2009 F-150 to a auto upholstery shop and had repaired. I paid $40 to have both seats removed and repaired. Dealer won't refund my money, truck has 5,823 miles and purchased new 5-26-2009. Also the head restraints are too big and lean forward too much plus they create a blind spot when backing up.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 102009

F-150

When adjusted according to the owners manual, head rests force the head towards the chin and are very uncomfortable. Dealer stated that this is the new safety design. Headrests are non adjustable. Also, they are very wide and, in conjunction with the frame post at the rear of the doors, create a blind spot on both sides of the pickup.

- Jenison, MI, USA

Feb 092009

F-150

Head rests in the way, seem to be to large, mostly noted when backing up & trying to look out back window, also on a person 5' foot tall (a woman ) the head rest hits them in the back of the head, makes it very unplasent to ride in. The truck under that condtion.

- San Pablo, CA, USA