2010 Ford F-150 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford F-150:

2010 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Dec 232013

F-150

Started the car in the morning. Turned on the rear defroster. Began to shovel the driveway and heard a loud pop from the truck. Didn't notice anything until I got in to back up and saw the rear passenger window gad shattered. Ford dealer was very familiar with the "window" problem, as they described it. Said that because the vehicle was past 50,000 miles that it was no longer under warranty. I rarely use the rear defroster. The dealer said I should take it to the local glass specialist to have it replaced. They never mentioned that it may be an electrical problem. It seems to me that a known repetitive problem should be paid for by Ford. If it is an electrical problem, I may be replacing my window more than once.

- Traverse City, MI, USA

Nov 112013

F-150 8-cyl

I was leaving from work. I put my rear defroster on my rear sliding window. I heard a loud pop. I looked at the rear window when I arrived home. The passenger side rear sliding window was spider cracked all over. I can't believe there is no recall on this yet. Its pretty sad when you buy a fully loaded truck that costs over fifty grand, but you cant use the rear defrost because they malfunction. It's pretty obvious this is a problem...just do a search on the internet.

- Burlington, IA, USA

Nov 032013

F-150

The rear factory tinted power sliding window shattered on the passenger side approximately 2 minutes after turning on the defroster.

- Oconomowoc, WI, USA

Oct 162013

F-150 8-cyl

It was frosty out and I turned on the rear defrost. A few blocks down the road, I heard a pop and my back window broke. I have the electronic sliding rear window.

- Skagway, AK, USA

Oct 192013

F-150 8-cyl

Turned on rear defroster of power sliding rear window, right side passenger section cracked into pieces. No there was no hair line crack no impact to this window. Looked at the lower heat strip in the bottom left side of this panel and sure enough there are burn marks. Now the back defroster does not work at all. Did Ford stand behind their product. Absolutely not !! this is my 2nd Ford truck and as soon as I get rid of this one we will being going GM. Thank goodness this is shatter proof glass and was not blown out because my daughter was in her car seat right under this.

- Diamond, MO, USA

Oct 182013

F-150 8-cyl

I got in the truck this morning and left the house, turned on rear defroster, and about 3 minutes later I heard a loud "pop"! I stopped and looked around but didn't find any since it was still dark out but once the sun came out I saw my rear passenger window, right above my daughter's child seat was shattered. Luckily she was not in there. I have spoke with dealership and they have denied any knowledge of this happening, but a simple search here and on the Ford forums show plenty of consumers having this problem. This should be a recall!

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Sep 272013

F-150 8-cyl

I turned on my rear window defrost, I after a few minutes I heard a sizzling and the passenger side rear window had shattered.

- Woods Cross, UT, USA

Mar 282013

F-150 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph with the rear defroster activated, he noticed smoke coming from the rear passenger's side window. After coming to a stop and inspecting the vehicle, he noticed there was a small hole burned through the window. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the power window would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 42,000.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Apr 152013

F-150

I had my truck parked outside during a heavy snowfall day at work. I went out and started it to let it warm up and turned on the rear defrost. When I got in to leave I noticed my passenger side rear window was shattered. I had no idea what had happened, not in an area where vandalism is possible. After reading the online posts about others with this problem I realized this is exactly what happened.

- Red Cliff, CO, USA

Mar 292013

F-150 8-cyl

2010 Ford F-150. Outside temperature approximately 28 degrees. Started vehicle and turned on rear window defroster. Drove about 1 mile and was waiting alone stopped at a light. Heard very loud bang noise consistent to a crash or muffled small caliber bullet being fired. Stepped out of my vehicle to confirm I was alone on road and wasn't in an accident. (I was completely alone at 6am with no other cars in site). I noticed the right (passenger) side rear window had spider webbed and completed shattered. Rear window is 3 panes, right middle, left. Right side window that shattered was extremely hot to the touch compared to middle and left (driver) side. Contacting Ford as I believe this to be a manufactures defect as it has happened to many 2010 F150S with tri rear windows.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Mar 252013

F-150 8-cyl

Right panel (passenger side) rear window shattered. Window is tinted (factory) with power slider and rear defroster. 03/25/2013 electrical burning smell but could not determine the cause (rear defroster in use). 03/26/2013 truck was parked and not running, went to get in truck and discovered right panel rear window was shattered, but still in the frame.

- Wiley Ford, WV, USA

Feb 122013

F-150 8-cyl

I was driving home on the highway. I had the rear defrost running as it was cold overnight and the windows had frosted over. As I was driving, I heard a loud pop and saw that the rear passenger side window had been shattered in a spider web pattern. I got home and was finally able to inspect the windshield. I observed the "spider web" effect starting in the lower left hand corner of the glass. There was a fluid seeping out from the bottom of the glass at the point of origin. The glass also has a discoloration as if it had been heated. I was able to search online and find numerous other people with the same problem. I also found several accounts where the pop had caused a fire and melted portions of the window and its framing.

- St. Charles, MO, USA

Jan 252013

F-150

Last week I started my morning commute @ 5am. 5 minutes after departure - I heard the equivalent of a 22 caliber gun being fired in the cab of my 2010 Ford F150 platinum. Alarmed by the sound I swerved into the adjacent lane, thankfully there were not many other drivers on the road. I exited the vehicle and began a visual inspection, immediately, I saw my passenger rear window shattered and smoldering in the lower left corner. After a closer look, this appeared to be where the defrosting mechanism was located in the glass. There was a metal substance being leaked in between the cab and the bed of the truck. I hope this was not lead or Mercury, in my curiosity I touched and then thought about the old thermometers in grade school.

- Allen Park, MI, USA

Aug 212012

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the rear window defroster was engaged when the contact heard a loud, abnormal noise. She then noticed that the rear window was fractured. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection or repair. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure and the current mileage was 18,000.

- Gainsville , VA, USA