2010 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford F-150:

2010 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 212016

F-150

I was pulling onto an undivided two lane hwy. And was accelerating up to speed. The vehicle, without any type of warning, applied the brakes by itself causing it to veer hard left and pulling the truck into the oncoming traffic lane. The indicator light for traction control flashed on and off in the instrument panel and you could hear the ABS deploying. Lucky there was no one behind me or coming towards me. Very dangerous situation and quite frightening for my family. We live in a rural community and the dealership is over 50 miles away in one direction. Concerned about safely being able to get it in for diagnostics.

- Pacific City, OR, USA

Aug 292014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

My Ford F150 XLT was parted in my drive way, last driven at 9.00am on 8/29/2014. The vehicle was engaged in park, steering wheel locked and key fully with drawn. At around 5.00pm vehicle took off itself with out driver went down the street and hit another parked vehicle causing big damages to that vehicle and as well to Ford 150 that I own. I have several evidence of people around my street watching this happening. My purpose of this complain is: 1. to find out whether there is recall on this vehicle, and Ford hasn't informed the customers 2. the dealership san leandro Ford in ca 94577 didn't respond my compliant- my request was to find if there is recall on the vehicle. 3. my big concern is for public safety, whether this vehicle has factory and has tendency take off when fully parked and disengaged. I believe we were just lucky it didn't hit children playing on the street or didn't run in to some one's house. 4. I really beg your organization to quickly investigate, because this defect can cause serious accidents and deaths 5. we have several pictures and videos for evidence, taken by people in the neighborhood.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Jan 042013

F-150 8-cyl

Filed a complaint earlier in the year about the electrical problems, and finally received a call back from the dealer. I took my 2010 Ford F-150 in and it was determined the wiring harness was defective. Well great...900$ to get if fixed. Not covered under warranty. Truck will not start without it. Wow, I use to love Ford... never again will I purchase a Ford of any kind. Thanks.

- Pampa, TX, USA

Nov 222012

F-150

Started truck one morning right before thanksgiving and no lights displayed in the control dash panel. Great right before a planned trip. None of the gauges worked. Began driving and the radio stopped working. Hit a bump in the road and something beeped and they came back on for a few minutes and then went back off, and this type of electrical behavior has been going on since right before thanksgiving. On occasion I can just shut the drivers side door and the display panel gauges and lights begin working for a few minutes and then without warning the dash is blank again. Sometimes I'm lucky and they stay on for 50miles before going out again. I put fuel in the truck today 01-13-2013 in sulfur okla and no fuel gauge. It didn't register and the display lights began going off and on. I stopped in pauls valley okla for a coke, while idling, the outside temp gauge climbed from 29 actual degrees to 86degrees in less than 5 minutes but when I began driving again the outside temp went back down to 29degrees. On 2 occasions while on I-35 the gauges would beep, reset and go back off. I drove from atoka okla to the Texas panhandle with no way of telling my speed, fuel gauge, no temp gauge no blinkers to signal lane changes, I even tried the emerg. Flashers and they wouldn't work either. I'm really afraid there is going to be a fire in the dash or something and I'll loose everything, and no one seems to care. It seems to be all about the sale. My warranty is almost up and no one cares!, this is not normal! before I left on my trip 01-08-2013 to okla. I called the dealer gene messer where I bought the truck, and they said they would have a service man call. Well it's the 14th and no call. There is defiantly something wrong when you spend over 40,000 dollars on a vehicle and afraid your going to get a speeding ticket, but worse burn up in it or get killed. Please help.

- Pampa, TX, USA

Nov 222011

F-150 8-cyl

The "downhill decent control fault" light comes on at random times while driving down the road. When the fault light comes on and remains on., it also causes the brake lights on the vehicle to come on and remain on until you can the fault light decides to go off. So while driving down the road, and even worse, when in traffic, the fault light may come on and cause the brake lights on the rear of the vehicle to shine, signaling to other drivers that this vehicle is slowing or coming to a stop, when it is not. This can, in certain instances, be very dangerous. Turning the vehicle ignition off will at time alleviate the problem, but that is not always an option while driving down the road, or in traffic. The light also comes on with no warning, and with no use of the system that is indicated is faulting.

- Graham, TX, USA