2010 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford F-150:

2010 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 292013

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, he depressed the accelerator pedal but the vehicle would not respond and began to shutter. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the intake valve would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 90,400.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jun 072013

F-150 8-cyl

I was coming to a complete stop at a red light and oil light illuminated and made audible beep and engine shut down. Placed truck in park and restarted right up placed into drive and drove away without issue when light turned green. This is the third time this has happened always in the same way in same order complete stop oil light beep and engine shut down. The first time it happened it was brought to dealer and since no engine light was not on and no stored codes we found I was sent on my way. Sine I owns own scan tools and am now out of warranty I have need to bring to dealer to waste my time when they can't diagnose until there is a recall.

- Cranford, NJ, USA

May 042013

F-150 8-cyl

Truck stalls intermittently. Usually it is while coming to a stop but occasionally it is while making a slow turn. This means the power steering goes as do the brakes. Very scary. The engine codes have been checked and since they do not show anything the truck is considered good. Yet it continues to stall.

- Dunedin, FL, USA

Jan 032013

F-150 8-cyl

While decelerating 2010 Ford F150 stalled (4.6L V-8). Vehicle restarted in neutral, then stalled each time vehicle was put in gear. Increased rpms in neutral and put vehicle in drive and drove to safe area, vehicle stalled. Cleaned mass air flow and made it home. Took vehicle to local dealership where vehicle was purchased and was told that because the onboard computer is not displaying a code that the truck cannot be fixed. Currently I refuse to drive a vehicle that is stalling unexpectedly and subsequently losing power steering and brake assist. This vehicle is a danger and liability to any driving inside it, or near it.

- Orange, CA, USA

Oct 112012

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact merged to the shoulder and restarted the vehicle however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician stated that the failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised that the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000 and the current mileage was 39,000.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 012010

F-150 8-cyl

My 2010 Ford F 150 that I bought new in August of 2010 has stalled five different time over the last two years. The first time was about a month after I bought it with less than 2000 miles on it. While stopping at a red light the engine just died. The other four times was while making a left turn. When it stalls the engine RPM just goes down smoothly to zero and becomes very hard to steer and brake. This is very dangerous while making a turn across oncoming traffic which is how two of the stalls happened. The last incident happened on 11/27/2012 with only 21,000 miles on my truck. I came extremely close to hitting a dump trunk that had to swerve not to hit me. After I stop and put it back to park it starts right back up and runs fine. No engine lights and the dealer says there are no codes set. I have taken it in twice before with no help. This is an extremely dangerous safety issue that needs to be fixed. Updated 03/26/14

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Nov 052012

F-150

While breaking to make right hand turn engine stalled. First indication was truck was impossible to steer. I was able to stop truck in the middle of the intersection. At a higher speed this would have been deadly. Ford dealer claimed to have never heard of the problem even though an internet search shows thousands of such incidents, many of them reported to this Agency. Dealer was unable to find a cause, although the manager said it was likely the throttle body but he could not replace a part under warranty unless it was positively known to be defective. I was sent on my way to risk my life in an unsafe vehicle.

- Crystal Lake, IL, USA

Oct 052012

F-150 8-cyl

Vehicle engine has stopped while in motion on two separate occasions. On 5 Oct 2012 while merging into traffic at about 45 mphs and once on 19 Oct 2012 while coming to a stop at a red light. Was unable to restart at stop light for about 2 minutes. Very dangerous problem because I lost control of all power steering and braking. Brought it to the dealership who stated that this is a common problem among my make and year model. Dealership replaced the fuel vapor valve assembly. Remains to be seen as to whether the problem is fixed or not. Of course, the problem is not covered under the extended warranty.

- West Monroe, LA, USA

Sep 102012

F-150 8-cyl

When making a left turn into oncoming traffic, the engine died which disabled the power brakes and power steering. After coming to a stop, I was able to start the engine and continue driving. I took the truck to the Ford dealer and they checked the computer codes and said nothing was wrong. As a side note, nothing is wrong according to them unless the computer finds an error code.

- Festus, MO, USA

Sep 092012

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the vehicle began sparking from the undercarriage after driving over road debris. The contact exited the vehicle as the vehicle was beginning to ignite in flames. The contact was able to extinguish the fire without the assistance of the fire department. The vehicle was not repaired or inspected for the failure. The contact did not call the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 31,300. The VIN was not available.

- Port Sulphur, LA, USA

Nov 182010

F-150 8-cyl

Sometimes around 45 to 50 mph when accelerating, the truck does a violent hard shift. It is random when it will happen and has been happening for over a year. I have taken the truck to two different dealerships several times and they keep telling me Ford is aware of it but does not have a solution. I have contacted Ford directly and they just tell me to take it back to the dealership.

- Prescott, AZ, USA

Apr 092012

F-150

This F-150 pick up truck was purchased in April 2010 as new. Everything was ok until April 2012. The truck stalled without warning when it slowed down or made turns. The engine died and no power, no steering. I was able to restart it and sent the truck to the dealer shop right away. On the way to the dealer, it stalled couple of more times. Luckily, no other cars were behind, otherwise I could not imagine what would happen. The dealer could not duplicate the problem or get a code. I checked online and noticed many 2010 F150 owners had same problems. Some of people mentioned to change throttle body, so I told the dealer shop and got throttle body changed. During the next 2 months, it did not happen again. However, on July 5th 2012, it stalled again when I made turns in the local. I sent the truck back to the dealer shop again and they still did not know how to fix the problem, since it happened intermittent. Now I am afraid of driving my truck. Absolutely no drive on highways. The people have already complained the 2010 model that the trucks stalled on the highway at >65 mph. It is a severe safety issue. I am very frustrated since the truck is not living to what it is suppose to be.

- Danbury, CT, USA

May 212012

F-150 8-cyl

Engine stalls at low speeds causing loss of steering and braking. There was no check engine light or error code when this first occurred. After the engine had stalled for about 32-35 times, the check engine light finally came on. I took the truck to a local mechanic shop to read the code which indicated that the evap system was blocked. My dealer determined that a solenoid in the fuel evap. System had failed. As a result the fuel tank was collapsed by vacuum because there was no secondary tank vent. This is dangerous! there should be a secondary vent or a pressure/vacuum sensor to prevent the tank from being collapsed. Note: The tank was collapsed so much so, as to damage the pump/level sending unit assembly.

- Lake, MS, USA

May 082012

F-150 8-cyl

On May 8th 2012, my truck stalled while I was merging into traffic at approx. 55 mph. The vehicle was brand new when I purchased it in may of 2009 from gulf coast auto Ford in angleton, Texas. So, I had them tow it to their shop for repairs. The mass air flow sensor was replaced on May 9th, and I drove the vehicle until Friday, May 11th, when the same problem occurred. The vehicle stalled at traffic speeds, died, and then couldn't be restarted! this second incident also resulted in my having the vehicle towed to the dealership where I am told that they can't find the problem!! it now starts after the stalling, but not until a period of hours passes. What can I do" this is a serious safety issue" Ford is telling the dealership to put an on-board data recorder on my truck that they cannot even get from Ford! I only have 52000 miles on this vehicle and have cared for it meticulously.

- Lake Jackson, TX, USA