2010 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford F-150:

2010 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 252016

F-150

My vehicle stop without warning. Had a $800 dollar tune-up. It has stopped several times since tune-up.I took it to two dealers they said they could not find any codes indicating their was a problem. It cuts off as I come to a stop or when I slow down to make a turn at slow speeds on city streets.

- Sherwood, AR, USA

Aug 212016

F-150

I was pulling onto an undivided two lane hwy. And was accelerating up to speed. The vehicle, without any type of warning, applied the brakes by itself causing it to veer hard left and pulling the truck into the oncoming traffic lane. The indicator light for traction control flashed on and off in the instrument panel and you could hear the ABS deploying. Lucky there was no one behind me or coming towards me. Very dangerous situation and quite frightening for my family. We live in a rural community and the dealership is over 50 miles away in one direction. Concerned about safely being able to get it in for diagnostics.

- Pacific City, OR, USA

Jul 162016

F-150

2010 F150 died twice while driving in lower speed on interstate and in parking lot. Speed was less than 15 miles per hour (interstate speed was reduced due to construction). It also died when parked in idle. The only "check engine light" that appeared was the oil light. The vehicle was inspected at a Ford dealer but they were unable to find the history of the issues using the diagnostic tools nor were they able to recreate the issue. When vehicle died while in motion it was in drive. When it died I lost the capability to turn the steering wheel or use brakes. In all situations the vehicle restarted and functioned as normal.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Mar 202016

F-150

As I was approaching a school zone I was slowing down to stop for a crossing guard, slightly slippery, with my foot applied to brake the rear wheel started spinning out of control, the tac pegged, the tracshion control light flashed repeatedly, I emeditly jammed the transmission into park, and shut off the truck.restarted it and it was then ok, has not happened since. Went to Ford dealer they checked the computer and found no error codes, this is got the potential to cause major injuries. My wife now refuses to drive my truck. Do no what to do, need help in this matter!

- Seekonk, MA, USA

Mar 212015

F-150

Vehicle vibrates and hesitates to accelerate to the point where the truck engine will shut off around 1500 RPM on both highway speed and normal street speed. I took it to a local Ford dealership, and they said there's nothing wrong with it or maybe they just don't know where it's coming from since the engine light is not on.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jan 012016

F-150

My vehicle had to be serviced three times at three separate dealerships last year. Due to an electrical issue. This issue caused the dashboard to shut off even while driving, making it impossible to determine speed and fuel level. The ac would also go out and the windows ceased to work. If the truck was running when this occurred it would continue to function but without electrical functions. Once the truck was turned off, it could not be restarted. My vehicle had to be towed three times for repairs. The first occurrence was in dry creek, la (60min from my house), the second occurred in new orleans, la just prior to a business meeting (3 hours from home), and the third time occurred with my family in our home town of lake charles. Bolton Ford made it seem it like it was me who caused the problem. The truck hasn't had an issue yet but we shall see. Dealing with Ford concerning this issue was an ordeal I hope I never have to repeat. I still don't know what was wrong with the truck since three different dealerships conducted three different repairs.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Nov 052015

F-150

While driving the rear glass shattered on the right side of the power sliding window.

- Plymouth, MI, USA

Jan 082014

F-150

Rear glass shattering when rear defroster is turned on in cold weather. My vehicle experienced the rear window shattering (driver side of 3 segment window) when the rear defroster was turned on during cold weather (approximately 10 deg F ambient temp). The vehicle had cold soaked (no movement or key power for 10 hours in the cold weather prior to the window shattering when the defroster was turned on. The vehicle was started (no snow or ice on vehicle) and the rear defroster engaged. The vehicle was placed into drive and moved approximately 500 feet. When stopped at a stop sign a loud popping sound, similar to a gun shot startled me. I looked around and noticed the glass was shattered. The glass retained in the original frame. The vehicle had 30,000 miles. No other vehicle or person was anywhere in sight - my first thought was possibly this was due to someone throwing something at my vehicle.

- Clinton Township, MI, USA

Mar 082016

F-150

2010 Ford F150 with just over 60,000 miles. While driving, the vehicle fails and the engine shuts down entirely. This happens intermittently when the truck comes to a stop, but has also happened while driving casually at approximately 45 mph on city streets. This has happened multiple times. Personal investigation has led to finding numerous reports online of the same or worse problems with this model/year of Ford truck. Research has lead to show that there seems to be a factory issue with the fuel/air system on the vehicle. Numerous other reports online of the truck failing while driving and even causing accidents in some instances. This is a very serious safety issue as it endangers the lives of those in this vehicle as well as others on the roadway. A recall needs to be implemented immediately by the manufacturer to rectify this wrongdoing.

- Leslie, MI, USA

Feb 152016

F-150

Was operating the rear window defogger and the rear passenger side section of the power rear window slider shattered. The local Ford dealer acknowledged it is a problem but Ford has not recalled. The local window repair company said that most times it is the passenger side that shatters. The truck is out of warranty and repair is not covere.

- Milan, IL, USA

Jan 162016

F-150

January 16, 2016 driving in the Ford F150, temperature about 55 degrees, windows were fogged a little, used the defrosters. Heard a loud bang, looked around to see the passenger side of the rear window shattered.

- Guyton, GA, USA

Dec 232015

F-150

It was a 45 degree day I turned on rear defroster for approx. 10 minutes vehicle was stationary I heard a loud pop and passenger side rear glass in the 3 piece unit was blown out this was followed by the smell of burnt rubber I have read many other complaints on this issue please review.

- Mount Morris, NY, USA

Dec 072015

F-150

Earlier this week, my husband was driving to work with the rear defrost on, suddenly he heard a loud pop, looked back and the rear drivers side glass panel was completely shattered, but intact. No holes. No visible damage. Just spontaneously shattered. It's going to cost me 600$ to replace! how is this not recalled or covered? I am done with Ford. Getting rid of this truck asap.

- Flat Rock, MI, USA

Nov 282015

F-150

Exploding rear glass. Driving thru Kansas and encountered some freezing rain. I activated the heated mirrors and rear window defroster as the temp outside was around 25 degrees. I was traveling around 40mph in the interstate at the time, a few minutes after I had activated the defroster we heard what sounded like a gun shot. After a quick look around we noticed one section of the rear window had exploded. My young daughter was in her car seat directly under the window and had small shards of glass in her hair. In researching this issue we have found that this is a serious issue with this model year but the manufacturer is not taking responsibility for the defect. We are hoping for a NHTSA intervention for this safety issue,

- Hartsburg, MO, USA

Oct 062015

F-150

The original Michelin tires on my 2010 F-150, had to be replaced due to cracking around the rim on the inside of the tire. Tires had 31346 miles at replacement on 5 Oct 2015. I also had to replace the original rear shocks at 31360 miles due to one leaking and one that was not working at all.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Sep 142015

F-150

I was driving down the road and my rear windows were fogged up so I turned on the rear defrost and my passenger side rear window shattered.

- Suttons Bay , MI, USA

Feb 232015

F-150

While driving to work on a very cold morning, with the defrosters on both front and back. I suddenly heard a very loud pop, then upon checking my rear view mirror I notices that my passenger side of the rear window was shatter. All of the glass was still in place, but the glass looked a very tight spiders web. I called my local Ford dealer about the issue and was told that broken glass is not covered. After the incidence I did some research and found that many others have had the same problem on many model years of the F-150 to include my 2010 F-150 lariat. It ended up costing me $661.99 out of my pocket to fix a know problem with the rear glass.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Apr 292015

F-150

Driving to work had rear defroster on and outside temperature was high 30S or low 40S. Saw smoke start to billow out in middle of rear slider. Pulled over and checked, smoke went away when I opened the power slider about 6". when I closed the window with the power slider the right rear backglass shattered. This is apparently a common problem with this model truck.

- Zanesville, OH, USA

Mar 152015

F-150 8-cyl

One section of my 3 piece rear window completely shattered after the rear defrost had been on for a few minutes, in 60 degree weather.

- Sumter, SC, USA

Dec 122014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Leaving red light, truck stalled. Oil light came on, lost power steering, brake. Was able to coast at an angle to the side. Could have caused an accident or traffic jam. Put truck in park, waited a minute, turned back on and gave it gas. Ran fine after that. Took to dealership next day. They said would not be any way to know what happened without pulling engine apart. Suggested multi point inspection and tune up. Did not mention this issue occurring previously or the numerous complaints of this issue online. They found a dusty air intake sensor that could have caused the problem. Changed spark plugs and performed tune up & oil change. Incident happened again leaving gas station pump on Dec 29, 2014. When restarted, it cranked several times but wouldn't fire up. Tried 3 times before successful start. Ran fine after that. Afraid a stall at high speed or when pulling my horse and trailer will cause major accident. Have seen complaints of fuel purge valve or throttle body butterfly valve causing this. Needs to be addressed by Ford.

- Houston, TX, USA