2010 Ford F-150 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford F-150:

2010 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 012011

F-150 8-cyl

My truck wonders all over the road and shakes to the point that the passenger is sick. Hard to steer out of ruts and crosswinds blow the truck in to the next lane and you can't control it. Can't take your eyes off the road in front of you to even look at the exit signs because the truck is unsafe and unpredictable to the point that your hands are going to turn numb from lack of blood in your fingers due to the white knuckles from hanging on to the steering wheel so tight. Very unsafe. I have taken it in to the dealer 4 times now and they have replace both front springs and struts and have replaced the rack and pinion 2 times now. I was told that the factory tires are not that great and have soft side walls and that could be the reason as to why it's not fixed and the Ford shocks are under rated for the vehicle. So I have put new bilstien 5100 shocks on all the way around and have put better tires and wheels on it. Truck still does the same thing. This truck is unsafe and have read other complaints on here. Here are the other complaint #'s. 10392353, 10407502, 10336730. I just can't believe Ford has not acknowledged any of the complaints on this site. Someone is going to die or burn to death and I hope it's not me or my family. The only recall I can find on this truck is the door handle and was told it doesn't pertain to my truck. I would like to file for a class action lawsuit if anyone is interested because I know I am not the only one out there who is afraid to drive their $46,000 truck that's not even 2 years old yet. This truck was suppose to be built Ford tough. I will be trading this P.O.S in as soon as I can cough up all of the negative equity that I have acquired due to the high price of this lemon. I have said my peace and now it's on file just in case I crash and burn, at least I know my family will be taken care of now (I hope).

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 172011

F-150 8-cyl

Steering wheel seized while in right hand turn at 10 mph. The vehicle sounded bells but the engine remained running. The breaks barely stopped the vehicle. Attempts to turn the steering wheel after stopping were unsuccessful even with force. Turned the vehicle off, let it set for a couple minutes then started the engine which resulted in normal steering. The vehicle is now at tuttle click Ford in irvine, ca.

- Aliso Viejo, CA, USA

Dec 122010

We have experienced six different instances since December where the engine would completely shut down while in motion. Range of speed at time of incident has been between 5 - 40 mph. On January 23, 2011, while driving at 40 mph down a windy hill, the vehicle flashed the wrench light then completely shut down causing a loss of power steering. As a result, I had a near miss of a head on collision with another vehicle in the oncoming lane as the truck I was driving veered into the oncoming traffic because I was unable to immediately regain control. Typically the truck can be put into park then turned back on but not in this case. The latest stall of the engine occurred on February 9, 2011 while making a turn in a grocery store parking lot. The vehicle was towed to a dealer on January 23, 2011 and the dealer indicated that the could not duplicate the problem and the computer reading did not show faulty equipment. In addition, I am experience a problem with the fuel gauge. Even after completely filling up the vehicle, the gauge does not read as full. There are functional problems with this vehicle. As a mother with two children who is the primary driver of the vehicle, I am terrified of the potential for a fatal accident to occur. There are numerous web page/blogs where drivers across the country have described these same issues. Ford needs to do something.

- Smyrna, TN, USA

Jan 152011

While driving toward a busy intersection the vehicle lost all power! including brakes and steering! I rolled out into the major highway causing vehicles to have to swerve to miss me! this is not safe!! the emergency lights would not work, nor would anything else on the vehicle. After about a minute the power came back on to the truck as if nothing had happened. I have 2 babies that ride with me and will not take a chance of this happening again! the truck is now at the dealership and will not be picked up until the problem is fixed. I have also contacted and retained a lawyer should this major problem become an issue for me. This is obviously a vehicle defect that can be closely compared to the Toyota recall! someone is going to get killed with this problem!!

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Mar 152010

A) 03.15.2010. Ford F150 platinum extended cab. Steering is extremely stiff/spongy/hard to turn off-center. Must constantly fight side winds and road crowns. As if only 10% power assisted. Dangerous as required constant attention to steering. Others who have driven it comment the same and will not drive truck again. Dealer claims it's "normal" for all Ford F150's with no correction. Dangerous as when transferring to other vehicles with full power assist, one over-steers and quickness and is difficult to re-acquaint. B) drive line/transmission/etc. Does not engage on inclines, slips & chatters into "full" engagement, shudders 1-3 times at stopping & starting. Ford dealer cannot locate repair attempted. Independent trans. Repair firm says it's a drive line bind releasing...possibly a drive line miss-alignment at transmission out-put shaft spline, and or loose engine/transmission mounts. Danger that transmission may disengage without warning at any time.

- Brighton, CO, USA